UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

• Paid Members

Never used poisons much, although I might try it a bit - my m.o. is to shout at the toughest person, put them on their ass, and then steam in with Chillrend and hope that stuns them. At one point I had a troll stunned and levitating, don't know what the hell happened there.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Never used poisons much, although I might try it a bit - my m.o. is to shout at the toughest person, put them on their ass, and then steam in with Chillrend and hope that stuns them. At one point I had a troll stunned and levitating, don't know what the hell happened there.

Yeh that's very similar to me, if it's a group I tend to throw a big incinerate spell as I wail up to them, shout an ice form on whoever I perceive to be the toughest and then slash the rest up nice. Then as the boss defrosts it's usually a one on one so I can slash with the sword in my right hand and have healing ready in my left. If it's a one on one fight from the start I'm a big fan of the 'marked for death' shout. Really takes down their resistance. Works especially well on big things that take a lot of hits, dragons being the prime example.

• Paid Members

Killed my first dragon yesterday, it was fucking awesome. Although 10 minutes later I saw a giant and he basically killed me with two hits. Strange that a giant is stronger than a dragon :sI've been reading alot about people enchanting their weapons and armour? Will the game give me a tutorial about this at some point in a quest or is it something I have to figure out on my own?

I'm still so over awed by this game. Just cannot get into it, don't know what the fuck to do! I'm only a level 4, done Bleak Falls Barrow and bean to Whiterun to see the Jarl. Now I'm off to see the Greybeards but I'm sick of running....anyone know any cheap horses?Also, is it best if I fuck off the main quest for now and do some little bits instead?

• Moderators

There will be some tougher dragons further down the line...If you chat to the court mage in Dragonsreach in Whiterun he'll talk you through how enchanting works, but then it's up to you to have a play around with it. I myself finally got my enchanting skill up to a decent level last night, and had rather conveniently just picked up a nice new set of armour as well, so I'm really well kitted out now. Stamina is through the roof! Also, I've started doing some thievery. I framed a guy for a crime he didn't commit and got him sent to jail and it felt good....

• Paid Members

I'm still so over awed by this game. Just cannot get into it, don't know what the fuck to do! I'm only a level 4, done Bleak Falls Barrow and bean to Whiterun to see the Jarl. Now I'm off to see the Greybeards but I'm sick of running....anyone know any cheap horses?Also, is it best if I fuck off the main quest for now and do some little bits instead?

I don't find horses all that great to be honest, they don't seem to move very quickly in my experience. As far as what to do, I would fuck off the quests for now and just do some wandering outside Whiterun. Get your combat skills up and have a play round with the smithing, alchemy and stuff and get your level up a bit.

• Paid Members

Horses can fuck off. I saved up for ages to get one early on in the game, then killed it about 3 minutes later by trying to run down a mountain. Quickest 1000 gold I've ever gone through.As for the main questline, I'd play it until you get to the point where you can learn shouts. That way you can always pop up to High Hrothgar and talk to Arngier about where to find another shout. I went on a cleaning up spree last night, finished the companions quest and a load of smaller ones, and now have at least one word of all 20 shouts. Back onto the brotherhood in the next few days I think. Level 46 and with an armour rating of about 500. I feel invincible.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I need to start paying attention to my armor rating, it's really hurting me now - I'm wearing a shitty hodgepodge of: a dragon priest mask, the archmage's robes, Nightingale gauntlets, and some steel plate boots. Methodically acquiring a set of Orcish armor, to be enchanted when I get my enchantment and perks up high.

• Paid Members

I dunno, I haven't done a comparison - have been on a weird sleeping schedule recently, so I've been doing a lot of housekeeping, rather than playing: getting my Markarth house up to standard, sticking mundy weaponry in a chest there for my enchantment factory, and selling off all the junk gems and jewelery I've picked up.

• Paid Members

I found it's more about having a set of the same armour, and then improving it. My setup now is all Dragonscale armor, all improved to legendary, and all double-enchanted (a couple enchanted to improve light armor). Having the perks that improve light armor and improve the bonus for wearing all the same type I got as soon as I could, and I've improved I've kept up with it.

I took a trip to the Victoria and Albert museum on Saturday, I was in the bit where they have examples of stonemasonry. When I saw the tombs of various historical figures I thought "I better save the game before a one of those dragur fuckers who are well nails bursts out of one of them".I've probably played this game a bit too much. However, it's nice to know that others didn't bother with the alchemy or smithing bits until they were dead far into the game as well.

Archived