UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

• Paid Members

Oh yeah I do plenty of hunting too. But when I want to stop and do smithing I want to make sure I have 30 or so of each material, leather only costs a few gold so if you want the quickest way to level up the smithing skill that's my advice. They replenish their stock of it every day too

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You bought leather?

I don't think I ever did that.. I go hunting for wolves and bears to get my smithing up. Gives you the added bonus of being able to fill up your petty soul gems as well, whilst you're at it.

The route East through the forests down towards Riften from the mountains is good hunting grounds I found the other day. Killed about 4-5 bears and even more wolves on one little jaunt.

Yeah that's pretty much how I did it. Hunted wildlife with my soul reaping bow, make their hides into leather and leather strips on the tannin rack, make a load of Hide bracers out of that, enchant them with the soul gems I'd filled up hunting and them sell them on. I just kept doing all that as I was soon various quests and got things up pretty swiftly.

I just finished the Dark Brotherhood questline which was pretty cool, moved on to the Theives Guild now. Has anyone hit/know the level cap? I'm nearly 53 now and still going strong.

One other thing to mention, you can't take human souls until you have a black soul gem or the Star of Azura

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

You can only use Azuras Star to trap human souls if you pick the right end to the quest. If you give it to Azuras minion then it stays as Azuras Star, instead of The Black Star.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I got my smithing up to 100 pretty quick. Used my loot to buy ingots, ore and leather and upgraded the perks as quick as possible to get access to the better armours. Working on my enchanting now so I can make some fireproof Dragonbone Armour.

• Paid Members

I recently received a letter from an anonymous person with a black handprint and the message "We know". I'm guessing it's from that dark assassins guys that I pretended I was one of to murder that school teacher.

I'm pretty fucking scared now.

I recently received a letter from an anonymous person with a black handprint and the message "We know". I'm guessing it's from that dark assassins guys that I pretended I was one of to murder that school teacher.

I'm pretty fucking scared now.

Sleep with one eye open ;)

I hit the 100 hour mark over the weekend. Currently doing the Thieves Guild stuff which is a lot more fun than I thought it'd be and I got some Armor that makes me looks like Batman.

• Paid Members

I played a lot over the weekend too, 20 or so hours behind you but I'm also going through the Thieves guild stuff after having finished the Brotherhood quests. Level 49 now and only just having my first look at pickpocketing. It's all fun and games until you get caught. I assume everybody does the same as me and just saves before each pickpocket attempt and reloads when they get caught? Has anyone got the achievement for breaking out of jail? Is this something you do on a quest or can you do it any time you go to jail when caught by guards (again I tend to just reload if that happens)

I played a lot over the weekend too, 20 or so hours behind you but I'm also going through the Thieves guild stuff after having finished the Brotherhood quests. Level 49 now and only just having my first look at pickpocketing. It's all fun and games until you get caught. I assume everybody does the same as me and just saves before each pickpocket attempt and reloads when they get caught? Has anyone got the achievement for breaking out of jail? Is this something you do on a quest or can you do it any time you go to jail when caught by guards (again I tend to just reload if that happens)

Yeah I broke out of jail in Solitude after getting arrested from one of the Brotherhood quests. I don't know about the other jails but that one is really easy. Just look around the cell and you'll figure it out.

• Paid Members

I got upto level 30 last night and I'm around 49 hours in having just completed the main quest of the game. Just got the Markarth house too. Makes the Smithing/Enchanting back and forth trips easier. Markarth is a bit confusing to navigate though.

• Paid Members
I got upto level 30 last night and I'm around 49 hours in having just completed the main quest of the game. Just got the Markarth house too. Makes the Smithing/Enchanting back and forth trips easier. Markarth is a bit confusing to navigate though.

Yeah this is why I'm not keen on it either. I always get lost in Markath. One thing I've never liked about Bethesda games is trying to find stuff that's above or below you. Something on the compass to indicate how far in metres things are above or below would really help, the Arkham games do that quite well.

• Paid Members

It took me fucking hours to work out how to get up that fucking mountain before I realised there were steps. :(

I've been trying to enchant stuff but everytime I do it comes up with me not having any soul gems...although I have a bunch of them. It worked alright before...is this a glitch? I'm worried that if it is I'm going to have a hard time getting through the game without enchanted stuff.

• Moderators

They have to be filled with souls to be useable. Are yours filled or empty? It will tell you when you look in your inventory..

I finally got the absorb health enchantment! So glad to have it now, even if I did have to buy an axe with it in for like 2 grand just to break it.

Archived