UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

• Paid Members

I'm going to have to get back onto the 'rim this week - I got a bit jaded, and I actually have Battlefield 3 and Arkham City leftover from Christmas/Birthday, and Halo: Reach and Fable III free with the new xbox - I'd only played 2 hours or so of Battlefield, and none of the others, so I busted out Batman the other day, only to find that I wanna go back to Skyrim.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I have nothing else going on game wise, but I'll be wanting to smash fools online when UFC Undisputed 3 arrives Feb 14th, so I'm trying to get as much done now as I can. I'm definitely burned out from over playing it though, too much too soon.

I arrived back in some town and got given a letter about a will. It was some elf looking bloke who followed me around for a bit. I was glad it wasn't Lydia, that will be of no comfort to his family of course. Also, some bird who followed me on a mission was holding my sword (oo er) and some armour and that, fucked off when I started a mission as matey from The Companions joined me. Didn't get my stuff back, nor a hand shandy either.

Level 50...105 hours in and I haven't not played it for more than 24 hours on the trot. Insane to think that we're talking ~2.5 working weeks of Skyrim and I have absolutely no regrets.

Just need a house in Windhelm to complete a monopoly. One thing though, anyone else slightly disappointed with how the Dragon Armour looks?

• Paid Members
Level 50...105 hours in and I haven't not played it for more than 24 hours on the trot. Insane to think that we're talking ~2.5 working weeks of Skyrim and I have absolutely no regrets.

Just need a house in Windhelm to complete a monopoly. One thing though, anyone else slightly disappointed with how the Dragon Armour looks?

Yes, I thought it would be a bit more magical looking.

• Paid Members

Finally up and running again, doing shit that I neglected for the whole game - have a circuit going:

In Markarth, enchant jewellery to raise enchanting, and leave junk looted weaponry so that I can improve it (don't have the perk for improving enchanted weapons). Pick from my stock of enchanted weaponry that I'll never use, and take them to the shops. Put on my Amulet of Dibella (along with the Masque of Clavicus Vile) and buy most of her stock - soul gems, hides, ingots, ore, basically any misc stuff that isn't crap. Then, sell her the enchanted junk, along with any enchanted jewellery I have.

Then, fast travel to Whiterun, and go to Warmaidens. Tan up some leather and strips. Take a walk to Skyforge, and improve my unenchanted junk weapons, and create a shitload of junk leather armour, to raise smithing. Make a bunch of jewellery, for Markarth enchanting. Take the weapons and armor down to the shops, sell it, and do the same that I do in Markarth.

Rinse, and repeat.

• Paid Members

wish I'd have done it that way. Did the blacksmithing quickly enough, but doing the enchanting now, as I want to get to 100 for the double enchantment bonus, but it's a bit of a chore.

My horse is a right hard bastard. Whenever I get off to kick some ass, he's right in there kicking shit out of some poor monster.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

After having had a few weeks hiatus imposed on me by circumstances beyond my control, I had a big session at the weekend and have been playing more this week..

I love this game all over again, I have missed it so much.

I've been really getting into being a shady scumbag; the dark streets of Riften have gotten under my skin. I'm stealing from absolutely everyone and and doing it with a smile on my face. Nothing makes me happier than doing some mundane task for someone so they greet me with a "hello friend" and then snatching their chain the minute their back is turned. Or just creeping around their houses at night, but sadly often unable to find stuff even worth stealing. Sometimes I'm so disgusted by the squalid way they live I feel like robbing their houses and then just throwing their shit in the river.

In combat situations, I'm all about the sneaking and picking people off with the bow and arrow before they spot me. I've been trying to work out the best way to use the "throw voice" shout to pick people off. It's pretty satisfying when it comes off.

All of this is in preparation to for the big Goldenglow Estates job. I'm training up for that, because I want to do that ultra-smooth.

• Paid Members

You are the other side of the coin from me, Chest - I went through the Goldenglow Estates job, it was a clusterfuck. Basically, just me muscling my way in, doing the job, and then running to the lake and diving in to avoid the arrows.

I'm now a fucking monster - full dragonplate, enchanted to shit, with twin double enchanted daedric maces. Lydia, ditto, but with a daedric warhammer. It's stupid, though, as I still enjoy a challenge, and that's not relevant anymore.

• Moderators

Well, tooling up and being massively hard is cool and all.. but I felt no need to do it anymore because I haven't faced anyone yet that I can't fuck up with an Unrelenting Force shout, and then going into a Beserker Rage and twatting them with my axe until I'm looting their twitching corpse.

So my challenge is now to do everything stealthily and never get seen... I'm saving regularly when working through bandit caves or whatever, but I'll reload an area if I get spotted at all. I did the same when I was playing Batman.. It's weird because I used to find stealth games, like your Splinter Cells and that, really boring.

Archived