UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

• Paid Members

I'm having a bit of a break from it with Undisputed 3 being out, but I fully intend to get into it at some stage later. I'm about level 40 and although I agree with LaGoosh in some respect, the game is still just an absolute joy to play. Bloody beautiful it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I finished the main quest, and have not played it or had the inclination to play it since.

It just felt completely flat and a bit shit. I think if I restart I will play through the Main Quest up until I get the complete FUS ROH DAH shout and then ignore it.

Ah well.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on this game and intend to start playing by the weekend. I'm not a massive RPG player, and have dabbled with the likes of Fallout 3, New Vegas, Mass Effect and Fable (I know the latter isn't exactly complex in terms of RPG), and found I enjoyed Fallout 3 more than any of the others. In fact apart from Fable II & III it was the only one I saw through to the end. I tried Oblivion not long after I played Fallout 3 but just couldn't get into it.

I've got no problems with the RPG element but find combat a bit of a chore sometimes, in Oblivion especially. I'm a bit gungho in my nature and don't rely (or at least forget for the most part) about magic and the like. So my question is (knowing there are several types of character to choose from), what would be the best type of character to choose, perks etc etc. I just don't want to find myself disliking it because I've picked something that isn;t suited to my type of play.

• Paid Members

I'd say you'd be best with a basic human fighter type like I had. you can introduce a bit of magic as you go along, but apart from enchanting weapons and armour, I didn't dabble with magic that much.

• Paid Members

The character you pick to start doesn't really mean anything. You can fully customise your skill set as you see fit. Each character has a small trait depending on what race they are, but it doesn't mean anything long term.

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to have a go today and here is how things went.

1. Popped game into PS3.

2. Downloaded 100+ meg update.

3. Loaded up game.

4. finished one assassin mission.

5. Game crashed after about 20 minutes and I had to restart my PS3.

6. Popped game back into case.

7. Decided to play Yakuza Dead Souls instead.

After all this time the game is still fucking crashing? bollocks to that as good as Skyrim is (and it is very good) I would rather play a game that doesn't randomly die on me and crash my console.

• Paid Members

Crashing consoles in this day and age gets right on my nerves. The 360 is a dick for it, just randomly freezing for no reason. It's done it on every Xbox I've played, mine or otherwise.

It's not just a matter of loose pins like the NES or blowing the cartridge like the Megadrive either. It's a technical issue that should be solved on this sort of equipment.

Ive only ever had one game freeze on me and that was LA Noire

Decided to give this game another shot last night as it had been so long since I last played it just hope I can find the time to play it this go around

Skyrim monoplolised my time for the last few months but am rationing myself on it now. Maxed out light armor, one-handed and archery so currently in Dragon plate armor attacking everything with a daedric broadsword which is fun. Personally I took much enjoyment from taking pot shots at big enemies with the bow then running away and hiding, of course once they stop looking for you then its pot shot time again baby!!

Still havent finished the main story as I think there was a glitch, I had nothing to do until after an update I suddenly was on a mission that seems rather important.

Has anyone else been sad enough to learn the words to the theme tune 'Dovahkiin'?

Crashing consoles in this day and age gets right on my nerves. The 360 is a dick for it, just randomly freezing for no reason. It's done it on every Xbox I've played, mine or otherwise.

It's not just a matter of loose pins like the NES or blowing the cartridge like the Megadrive either. It's a technical issue that should be solved on this sort of equipment.

You make it sound like it should be incredibly simple but don't forget though that everything is much more complex than in the days of the NES, etc. A game the size of Skyrim is going to have a staggering amount of code and all it needs is one line to have one tiny mistake and it could cause problems with something in the game. Finding the part that's causing the problem would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack so it's going to take a lot of time to try and find it and test it, hence why there are more crashes these days especially as there are so many variables in games like this.

Archived