If you were a pro footballer...

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members

I'd hopefully be good enough a player to earn a big money move to another team - earning Aberdeen a huge transfer fee in the process before returning to them on a free transfer when my contract ran out a few years down the line.

Is this all a bit obvious? Its a bit like when people speculate what they would do if they won the lottery. Giving every man & his dog a share of the winnings, Yet the actual reality would be completely different, if you wanted to secure a long term future for yourself & family. So as much as i would love to play for Hull City for free, If you stuck 50 grand under my nose each week i would be off quicker than you could say "Jimmy Bullard"!

The way it's going at the moment I'm pretty sure I'd be joining the likes of Yorke, Barry, Milner, and Young and toddling off to somewhere with Champions League football if the chance presented itself. If the style of play was better or the team tried to win things I might answer differently but for most Premiership teams its seems to be a case of playing for nothing, treating cups/Europe as a nuisance which isn't exactly a recipe for becoming a club legend.

It would have to be the money, especially early in your career. You never know when you'll get hit with a possible career-ending injury. I'd take the money then go back to my local club in my early 30's to "live the dream" with a decent bank balance.

Archived