Universally Liked

PowerButchi

Undertaker?

I was tempted to say The Rock but i guess he rubs people the wrong way with just how good he is.

I've never been a fan of Taker for one but I know I'm in a small minority there. From a fans perspective I think HBK seems to be universally appreciated.

I fecking hate HBK, I really can not stand him at all, I was really pleased when he retired. Actually, I know a fair few people who think he is an obnoxious dick

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dynamite Kid didn't have kind words to say about Heenan in his book. Mick Foley as well. Don't think Ken Patera liked him very much either.

Plenty of people have criticised Savage for his treatment of Elizabeth back in the 80s.

Are we not talking about fans oppinions though? Like Butch said in the opening post that nobody seems to have a bad word to say about D-LO but he may or may not have annoyed people in "the industry". Who's to know though? I dont think many fans have bad things to say about Savage.

• Paid Members

Ted dibiase

John tenta

Owen hart

Charles wright

I've only ever heard good things about these guys in shoots etc (I know Owen was a ribber, but loveable). The other 3 always seem to be highly spoken of. The fans seem to really dig them as people too, in terms of personality in and out of the ring

• Paid Members
Half of the people in this thread are doing it wrong.

Yeah, maybe Butch can confirm, but I think the intention of the thread was to discuss guys that were universally liked as on-screen performers by us fans, rather than debating who the genuine nice guys are behind the scenes. Hence the D'Lo nomination. I don't know anyone on here that wasn't down with the Brown back in the day. He was cracking in the ring, had cool moves, a ton of charisma and a super cool theme tune.

Someone made a good point about midcarders being more likely to crop up in this discussion than main eventers. Anyone who has received a sustained push at the top of the card over the years is almost certain to have their detractors, even the greatest and most popular guys of all time get plenty of hate. It's the nearly-men of the business (like D'Lo) that people tend to remember most fondly.

That said, did anyone not like Curt Hennig?

Archived