Universally Liked

PowerButchi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking about D-Lo Brown earlier, as I'm wont to do, and it occured to me that whenever you bring him up to someone who remembers him that they always have positive memories of him. He's pretty much universally liked. Some people don't like Hogan, some people don't like Flair and Cena and Punk and stuff, but everyone seems to be down with the Brown. Are there many other examples of wrestlers who are liked by pretty much everyone, wrestling fan wise?

Wasn't the Droz injury one of the reasons why he lost his push in WWE and was eventually let go?

I was thinking about D-Lo Brown earlier, as I'm wont to do, and it occured to me that whenever you bring him up to someone who remembers him that they always have positive memories of him. He's pretty much universally liked. Some people don't like Hogan, some people don't like Flair and Cena and Punk and stuff, but everyone seems to be down with the Brown. Are there many other examples of wrestlers who are liked by pretty much everyone, wrestling fan wise?

Wasn't the Droz injury one of the reasons why he lost his push in WWE and was eventually let go?

I've never heard that. It would be a shame if that was true. It was a total accident and the fact D'Lo was devastated punished him enough.

• Paid Members
Undertaker?

I was tempted to say The Rock but i guess he rubs people the wrong way with just how good he is.

I've never been a fan of Taker for one but I know I'm in a small minority there. From a fans perspective I think HBK seems to be universally appreciated.

I can't say i've ever been a fan of Shawn, he's always came across as a right prick as a face as well as a heel , although, he was better after the comeback but i can't say i've ever rooted for him.

I liked him when I was a little younger, but grew to find him completely tiresome (his last 3 Wrestlemanias aside). And alexander (TAFKA Leicester Lantern) loathes him with a fiery passion. I remember we were round Freaky's place watching Mania 26, and when Shawn lost, Alex was singing "na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, hey heeeeey, CUNT."

• Awards Moderator
Edit. Surely nobody dislikes Steve Blackman?

you have to have a personality to be disliked.

I was going to suggest Steve Blackman! I can't think of anyone I know who watched WWF that disliked him. Awesome music, kendo sticks, what's not to like?

And I've always thought he was on the right side of the 'no personality' line - i.e. his character was intended to have no personality, i.e. 'fuck being charismatic, I'd rather just kick you in the face', rather than him just being a dullard.

Undertaker?

I was tempted to say The Rock but i guess he rubs people the wrong way with just how good he is.

I've never been a fan of Taker for one but I know I'm in a small minority there. From a fans perspective I think HBK seems to be universally appreciated.

Im not really a fan of Michaels, His second run has some excellent matches and moments, but I jsut find it hard to like the guy

• Paid Members

I think he stayed till 2003 but you could be right about the lack of push afterwards.

• Paid Members

C'mon, everybody (fan-wise) loves Macho don't they? In fact it's only Flair and Hogan who haven't ever liked him isn't it?

Another i'd throw out there that people probably forget they like but, i think everybody did like was Bam Bam Bigelow.

Maybe Marty Jannetty too. And Brian Pillman. And Scotty Steiner.

Does anyone dislike Zack Ryder today? I think there's a couple of quiet ones who do.

D'Lo is the true Peoples Champion fo' shiz though.

• Paid Members

The notion of D'Lo lack of receiving a push due to the Droz incident is bollocks. From the man himself, Stephanie was apparently in tears when he was let go in 2003.

WWE had experts go over the tape of the match to try and find out what went wrong and they just couldn't find anything

The notion of D'Lo lack of receiving a push due to the Droz incident is bollocks. From the man himself, Stephanie was apparently in tears when he was let go in 2003.

WWE had experts go over the tape of the match to try and find out what went wrong and they just couldn't find anything

Archived