Universally Liked

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Everyone loves Andre, don't they?

A lot of my mates have only been fans since Andre was a heel managed by The Brain (if even that long) and mostly remember him for the immobile wreck he had become, and if I mention his name say "he was shit."

Ernest The Cat Miller.

Amen.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are plenty of Angle haters even on this forum, Whiskey Jim.

Are there?! I don't know how anyone could dislike him as a performer.

I enjoy his matches, but a lot of people don't like a lot of his laughably shit psychology, which especially shows itself in his big matches. Constant ankle lock reversal sequences, not really selling attacks if he's making the babyface comebacks, all that. At least, that's what I assume can rub people up the wrong way.

• Paid Members

I'm very much in the disliking Angle camp. He's vastly overrated as a main-even wrestler. It's all finishers and reversals with no emotion whatsoever. I can't remember the last time I properly got into one of his matches. If he really is giving it his all, fine, all credit to him for that, but that isn't why I enjoy watching wrestling. And it's not a stylistic thing, either. I can enjoy matches whatever style they're in, whatever enjoyability they offer me - technical chess-match, passionate title match, gimmick spotfest where you actually care who falls off the ladder and how, or literally anything else, as long as it's done well. Angle gives me nothing to enjoy.

Up until the obvious, I would of said chis benoit. William regal has to be up there I guess, also taka michinoko?

Didn't all those guys have a reputation for working stiff? Can't imagine they'd make a lot of fans backstage. From a fan standpoint, I thought Regal was a bore when I was 11/12, during his "brass knux" stage. He didn't do it as much after '02 when he dropped the IC title, right?

My vote for universally liked has to be Road Dogg. After not been featured on WWE programming since 2000, and not that much attention given to him on retrospect DVDs (the most recent DX DVDs have focused on the 2006+ incarnation of HHH/HBK), he comes out at the Slammys, receives a great reaction and had the crowd chanting along with his signature stuff. I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere, but when his name graphic came up, it had a Twitter link to @WWERoadDogg. So it looks like he's signed a contract then?

Archived