Universally Liked

PowerButchi

• Moderators

I was thinking about D-Lo Brown earlier, as I'm wont to do, and it occured to me that whenever you bring him up to someone who remembers him that they always have positive memories of him. He's pretty much universally liked. Some people don't like Hogan, some people don't like Flair and Cena and Punk and stuff, but everyone seems to be down with the Brown. Are there many other examples of wrestlers who are liked by pretty much everyone, wrestling fan wise?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve Austin has got to be up there.

I've seen a fair few people who don't like him for thrashing his wife.

Point taken.

I've got another one, this time a non-wife beater (as far as we know), Mr. Jerry Lynn. Lovely guy.

• Paid Members
Undertaker?

I was tempted to say The Rock but i guess he rubs people the wrong way with just how good he is.

I've never been a fan of Taker for one but I know I'm in a small minority there. From a fans perspective I think HBK seems to be universally appreciated.

• Awards Moderator
Steve Austin has got to be up there.

I was never fussed about Austin - I can appreciate now that he was very good at what he did and he played his character well blah blah blah, but I didn't like him at the time, and even now there's plenty of matches I'd put on before one of his.

I think for this, someone like D'Lo is as good a choice as you're likely to find. Main eveners are usually the most divisive since they're also the most pushed - a midcarder is probably more likely to be remembered fondly by everyone, I would have thought.

Archived