Bad/substandard films that you like regardless

Vice

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've only ever seen the movie, but it was 20-25 years ago. I've seen Kickboxer many times since then and various other films where there's a little asian mentor in it and have merged them into one big Dennis Chan/Mako hybrid.

• Paid Members
I've only ever seen the movie, but it was 20-25 years ago. I've seen Kickboxer many times since then and various other films where there's a little asian mentor in it and have merged them into one big Dennis Chan/Mako hybrid.

I get that a lot, I seem to remember every wise oriental mentor from the 80s as looking like Mako

If we are going on films that are SO bad they are good.

assault on precinct 13 has to get a shout out. All the themes are done on one man keyboard. You can tell where all the movie stops and starts to show a bullet going through a window. Even the assault through the killer blinds is SO SO SO bad its actually good.

And everyones favorite line.... "Got a smoke?"

Theres another B film REALLY bad film but I cant remember the title from back in the day. Its about some 18 Wheelers who suddenly get the power to function on their own and go on a mass killing spree. Maximum Voltage or something on those lines.

• Paid Members

Maximum Overdrive, and it's beautiful. What a dreadful, wonderful movie - the bit where the little league game is assaulted by a homicidal pop vending machine, and then a steamroller, is pure perfection. Stephen King directed it. IIRC, Stephen King never directed another feature film.

• Paid Members

assault on precinct 13 has to get a shout out. All the themes are done on one man keyboard. You can tell where all the movie stops and starts to show a bullet going through a window. Even the assault through the killer blinds is SO SO SO bad its actually good.

And everyones favorite line.... "Got a smoke?"

You're a fucking gimp.

Maximum Overdrive, and it's beautiful. What a dreadful, wonderful movie - the bit where the little league game is assaulted by a homicidal pop vending machine, and then a steamroller, is pure perfection. Stephen King directed it. IIRC, Stephen King never directed another feature film.

You're not. Already talked this up earlier in the thread. The vending machine bit is fucking great as is the bank machine bit at the start with Stephen King.

• Paid Members

Hmmmm... I'm helping someone out with an essay on a media product that didn't adequately reflect the outcome of a disaster (be it the holocaust, an earthquake, 9/11) - maybe I'll use Maximum Overdrive to represent the inadequacy of focusing on a small diner and it's occupants to illustrate the effects of that comet what turned all of our 'lectrics against us.

• Paid Members

Toy Soilders. I remember seeing that at the cinema and thinking it was brilliant. It's not. But I still like it. Ditto Cuba Gooding Jr. In Gladiator, not the Ridley Scott one, but a film about unlicensed boxing with Brian Denehey as the bad guy. Weird cross of Karate Kid & Rocky, made before the rise of MMA.

• Paid Members

Fuck Off

Archived