Bad/substandard films that you like regardless

Vice

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she'll be in american reunion along with everyone else. hard to think she's 38 now

back in the day when i had on/itv digital their box office used to let you have a free couple of minutes when ever u put the pin in before ordering. i must have done it with american pie a fair few times for her scene.

• Paid Members
Don't know if copland starring sylvester stallone has been mentioned in here its not as bad as people made out likewise with d-tox.

Copland was well received crticially. I really liked it too, good performances all round.

• Paid Members

Anyone else here seen the film 'Lloyd'? It's just a cheap kids film about an ugly kid trying to be popular, really basic and generally a bit of a nothing film but God help me I couldn't stop watching it when it was on Sky Movies a few years back.

For ironic appreciation, nothing tops The Pit. It's an utter shambles of a film, in which a sociopath boy wreaks havoc on locals because a bunch of little scruffy monsters called Tralalogs, who live in a pit, tell him too. It's so inconceivably bad that the entertainment value is through the roof.

Is The Pit the one where there's a demon type thing in the house, it falls forward and when it hits the ground it splits into lots of little imps that run off?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain that doesn't happen in The Pit.

I love most American college flicks from the 97-06ish period, no matter how shit they are. You know, everything from American Pie/10 Things.. downwards. And it's all pretty downwards from there. Can't get enough of them. Pretty much the same film each time, but I think that's what I like about them. Bring It On is included too, that is stupidly watchable.

I agree. Generic though they may be, those type of films are such easy and amusing watches. Even a lackluster one like Accepted, I'm up for watching any time.

Forgot this! As if.

tumblr_lhnv3sp3DJ1qazkdco1_500.gif

The Room is in a league of its own. :thumbsup:

Freddy Got Fingered

Despite being almost unanimously panned by virtually everyone who reviewed it and winning multiple "worst movie" awards this movie is absolute genius in its audacity. Any movie which boasts a paraplegic nymphomaniac, children getting glassed in the face, someone cutting an umbilical cord with their teeth and someone giving a handjob to a horse and an elephant has to be good.

Excellent shout. Freddy Got Fingered is massively innane, brash and crude. But if you don't find anything in it funny, you've got to be dead inside. And Rip Torn is amazing.

The Last Action Hero has already been mentioned, but I've got to add Jingle All The Way too. Corny, wooden and often unfunny. But Schwarzenegger and Phil Hartman make it a strangely hugely fun experience.

Critics also hated Hot Rod, but, to me, it's a really enjoyable cult movie.

Archived