Bad/substandard films that you like regardless

Vice

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the Hugh Grant films as well, I know film buffs don't like them very much but I find them entirely enjoyable regardless. 'About A Boy' and 'Love Actually' especially.

Hugh Grant has never made a bad or substandard film. He's awesome.

Forgot this! As if.

tumblr_lhnv3sp3DJ1qazkdco1_500.gif

I love The Room. I have a picture of a spoon on the wall of my kitchen in tribute to this film.

SPPOOOOOONS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrVWz-u66mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H7m8YKDtCY...feature=related

Freddy Got Fingered

Despite being almost unanimously panned by virtually everyone who reviewed it and winning multiple "worst movie" awards this movie is absolute genius in its audacity. Any movie which boasts a paraplegic nymphomaniac, children getting glassed in the face, someone cutting an umbilical cord with their teeth and someone giving a handjob to a horse and an elephant has to be good.

• Paid Members
Freddy Got Fingered

Despite being almost unanimously panned by virtually everyone who reviewed it and winning multiple "worst movie" awards this movie is absolute genius in its audacity. Any movie which boasts a paraplegic nymphomaniac, children getting glassed in the face, someone cutting an umbilical cord with their teeth and someone giving a handjob to a horse and an elephant has to be good.

Love this film. It's so shit it has to be good.

• Paid Members
The Great Outdoors. John Candy, Dan Ackroyd. Awesome comedy.

Oh and Uncle Buck. Superb.

Again, in what way are these bad or substandard films? THEY'RE NOT.

The Great Outdoors was a massive box office faliure, so probrably gets the "Bad" tag from that. I loved it though.

This.

Did you not pay attention to what chokeout wrote or are you just being deliberately ignorant? The Great Outdoors made $40 million+ in US box office alone, double its initial budget. So, in other words, not 'This'.

I'm more going off an article in Video News (or something like that) I read in '88 regarding the film. Due to it's poor box office returns in the US, it became one of the first "Big Star" movies to be released direct to video in the UK. It was quite a big story at the time. I just had a look at the IMDB page and it does indeed state $40,000,000 return, so I just presume that may be total to date after it was released on video.

Back on topic, another favourite of mine is The Adventures of Ford Fairlane. Very silly and a cracking soundtrack.

Remo Williams: The adventure begins. A cop has his death faked and forced into a secret goverment task force to take down those above the law. I genuinely like it, and not in a ironic way. To the point where I want to track down an old pal VHS copy of it's UK release title "Remo: unarmed and dangerous" because it's cooler

Who said it's bad or substandard, though? Remo was a cracking action adventure. The scene around the Statue Of Liberty is amazing.

Failed in becoming a series of films and to become a tv show after that. I don't think it's bad. But it's deffinately got it's feet in the "average" section. And I'm not ashamed to admit I had no idea Chun wasn't really an asian bloke, when I first saw it

• Paid Members

:omg:

Freddy Got Fingered

I absolutely love Freddy Got Fingered. I find the sheer madness of it's script means I can drop quotes from it into almost anything. It was only last week in a conversation about council funded skate parks that I was able to make reference to the broken leg scene.

A few years ago when I was doing a tour of the camps, I was sat up late one night watching TV with one of the other wrestlers and Freddy Got Fingered came on. I got all excited and insisted that we watch it. For the next hour and a half he just sat there stone faced, occassionally saying "What the fuck is this?"

Remo Williams: The adventure begins. A cop has his death faked and forced into a secret goverment task force to take down those above the law. I genuinely like it, and not in a ironic way. To the point where I want to track down an old pal VHS copy of it's UK release title "Remo: unarmed and dangerous" because it's cooler

Who said it's bad or substandard, though? Remo was a cracking action adventure. The scene around the Statue Of Liberty is amazing.

Failed in becoming a series of films and to become a tv show after that. I don't think it's bad. But it's deffinately got it's feet in the "average" section. And I'm not ashamed to admit I had no idea Chun wasn't really an asian bloke, when I first saw it

He's not??? :omg:

• Paid Members
:omg:
Freddy Got Fingered

I absolutely love Freddy Got Fingered. I find the sheer madness of it's script means I can drop quotes from it into almost anything. It was only last week in a conversation about council funded skate parks that I was able to make reference to the broken leg scene.

A few years ago when I was doing a tour of the camps, I was sat up late one night watching TV with one of the other wrestlers and Freddy Got Fingered came on. I got all excited and insisted that we watch it. For the next hour and a half he just sat there stone faced, occassionally saying "What the fuck is this?"

He's not??? :omg:

ENLARGE_01Grey1.jpg

If you could see him through my eyes, he doesn't look Asian at all.

• Paid Members

Remo was quite close to getting a TV show. From what I remember, the pilot was pre-emptied by a football game, and ended up only getting the last 15 minutes shown. Died in the water after that :(

Does anyone remember a james-bond type spoof that was made in the 80's. IIRC it had Ninjas in it, and the main guys assistant was a baboon. Driving me frigging crazy.

Archived