Bad/substandard films that you like regardless

Vice

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
For me instantly it has to be Halloween 3......its so bad its good

nothing wrong with Halloween 3, a good film that was randomly shoe-horned into a franchise and suffered for it, its better than most of the Halloween films that came after it

• Paid Members
For me instantly it has to be Halloween 3......its so bad its good

Halloween 3 is the best of the series

Steady on.

As someone who doesn't really like slasher film's it is although the first film was half decent.

:angry:

• Paid Members

Trick or Treat

Cheesey 80s "horror" film about a dead rock star whose spirit is trapped in the master copy of his new album (or something). Lots of not-so-special effects, a corking 80s metal soundtrack, and a cheesey script.

The highlight for me is still when the dorky kid is being chased by the jocks through the school, and when they go through the library, they all switch to that hurried upright march before legging it again when they get to the other side.

Rock 'n' Roll highschool

This is how High School Musical would have been if it was written by The Ramones. Any film that combines cheerleaders, exploding mice and The Ramones is alright by me.

American Ninja starring Mike Dudikoff and a lot of Geoffrey Ho directed martial arts films, so badly dubbed and over choreographed but so damn entertaining.

Maximum Overdrive!

Pointless but great detail I have to share: I went to a midnight screening of that earlier this year and there's a line where Emilio Estevez is like 'What are you going to do?! Wo are you going to call?!' and nearly everyone in the crowd shouted 'Ghostbusters!' at the screen.

• Moderators
Death Wish 3 is one of my favourite films ever, and it's undeniably terrible. So many unintentionally hilarious moments - Paul Kersey going for a midnight stroll on a rough estate, twirling an expensive camera around while eating an ice cream, all in order to bait a mugger who he proceeds to shoot in the back with an elephant gun; Kersey greeting the inevitable death of his latest girlfriend at the hands of street trash with a resigned sigh, before never mentioning it again; Kersey and the police chief 'cleaning up' the housing estate by leaving it and its street scum inhabitants blown to smithereens, before strolling off into the sunset. A work of utter, accidental genius.

All of the Death Wish series are proper dead good films. Especially 5 when Lesley Anne Down's face gets fucked up on a mirror.

Actually 2 is the best, when his daughter who was made retarded by a rape gets raped again by Laurence Fishburne and jumps out of a 20 storey window onto a load of spikes.

Remo Williams: The adventure begins. A cop has his death faked and forced into a secret goverment task force to take down those above the law. I genuinely like it, and not in a ironic way. To the point where I want to track down an old pal VHS copy of it's UK release title "Remo: unarmed and dangerous" because it's cooler

FX 2 the deadly art of illusion. Superior sequel involving the use of special effects knowhow to combat the mafia, police corruption and an assassin that looks rather like Mick McCarthy. And a anamatronic clown that's really just a woman in a suit.

Archived