Bad/substandard films that you like regardless

Vice

• Paid Members
Remo Williams: The adventure begins. A cop has his death faked and forced into a secret goverment task force to take down those above the law. I genuinely like it, and not in a ironic way. To the point where I want to track down an old pal VHS copy of it's UK release title "Remo: unarmed and dangerous" because it's cooler

Who said it's bad or substandard, though? Remo was a cracking action adventure. The scene around the Statue Of Liberty is amazing.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Remo Williams: The adventure begins. A cop has his death faked and forced into a secret goverment task force to take down those above the law. I genuinely like it, and not in a ironic way. To the point where I want to track down an old pal VHS copy of it's UK release title "Remo: unarmed and dangerous" because it's cooler

"Monosodium Glutamate. See, you can't even say it"

"I can say rat shit, it doesn't make me want to eat it".

• Paid Members

Of newer films, it would have to be Deep Blue Sea. Love shark films anyway, but this one just rocks it for me.

Older film would have to be the Eliminators. Cyborgs, mad scientists, ninjas, mercenarys and Denise Crosby in a wet t-shirt. 3.5 Rating on IMDB, but 10/10 from me.

Two for the Money - Matthew McConaughey works for one of those betting advice people with Al Pacino and Rene Russo. I loved it yet it only has 21% on rotton tomatoes so i assume most people think its bad but screw them its awesome.

• Awards Moderator
Of newer films, it would have to be Deep Blue Sea. Love shark films anyway, but this one just rocks it for me.

Shit, yes! Love that film. The bit where he uses a tin opener to cut through an oven and then set the shark on fire with a lighter from the other side of the room is just the best.

Pretty much every Stallone and Schwarzenegger film. Plus I like the WWE films, The Marine, 12 Rounds, See no Evil etc

You calling all of Arnie and Sly's classics bad and substandard... even T2 AND Rocky?

That isnt what I meant I just mean I like all of their films. The majority of which are considered quite bad.

• Paid Members
Pretty much every Stallone and Schwarzenegger film. Plus I like the WWE films, The Marine, 12 Rounds, See no Evil etc

You calling all of Arnie and Sly's classics bad and substandard... even T2 AND Rocky?

That isnt what I meant I just mean I like all of their films. The majority of which are considered quite bad.

Touche... for the record Halloween 4 & 5 I adore in that series.

American Ninja starring Mike Dudikof.

I love this film although I think both American Ninja 2 & Avenging Force are even better. Saying that - I have a soft spot for any action film that where released by the Golan Globus/Cannon group (such as Cyborg, Kickboxer, Missing In Action & Invasion USA to name but a few).

PS -I assume that its not a coincidence that you are a fan of American Ninja & have the username 'Steve James'?

• Paid Members
I love this film although I think both American Ninja 2 & Avenging Force are even better. Saying that - I have a soft spot for any action film that where released by the Golan Globus/Cannon group (such as Cyborg, Kickboxer, Missing In Action & Invasion USA to name but a few).

PS -I assume that its not a coincidence that you are a fan of American Ninja & have the username 'Steve James'?

Am I right that Golan and co are the mentalists that did Superman IV: A Quest for Peace... a truly astonishing piece of work.

Archived