Bad/substandard films that you like regardless

Vice

Its to got be Pulse for me.

An intelligent pulse of electricity is moving from house to house. It terrorizes the occupants by taking control of the appliances, either killing them or causing them to wreck the house in an effort to destroy it. Then it travels along the power lines to the next house, and the terror restarts. Having thus wrecked one household in a quiet neighbourhood, the pulse finds itself in the home of a boy's divorced father whom he is visiting. It gradually takes control of everything, badly injures the stepmother, and traps father and son, who must fight their way out

I remember me and a mate saw it on BBC 1 years ago and couldn't stop laughing. The best scene is where a young Joey Lawrence (remember him from Blossom?) is attacked by a TV set infected with the evil electricity. Its absolute comedy gold.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Of newer films, it would have to be Deep Blue Sea. Love shark films anyway, but this one just rocks it for me.

Someone was watching ITV1 last night, yes?

Didn't know it was on to be honest. the fact that I bought it on Blu-ray on friday probrably jolted my memory.

Pretty much every Stallone and Schwarzenegger film. Plus I like the WWE films, The Marine, 12 Rounds, See no Evil etc

You calling all of Arnie and Sly's classics bad and substandard... even T2 AND Rocky?

That isnt what I meant I just mean I like all of their films. The majority of which are considered quite bad.

Touche... for the record Halloween 4 & 5 I adore in that series.

Halloween 4 is my favourite of the lot.I really enjoyed the story arc of Halloween 4,5 and 6.Even tho 6 was butchered by the studio.

For me it's The Godfather Part 3 ,Before somebody goes off on one,I know it's nowhere as good as The Godfather or The Godfather Part 2 and that Sofia Coppola is rubbish but the rest of the film works for me.Great performances from Pacino and Garcia,a good story and typically great direction from Francis Ford Coppola.Plus it's got THAT Pacino quote,"Just when I thought I was out,They pulled me back in"

MV5BMTIyNDQ0NDExMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODAxMTk0MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

I've never played any of the games but the Dead Or Alive film is amazing. Incredible. It's got Holly Valance looking incredible, Kevin Nash looking like the lovechild of Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan and the most absurd antagonist ever in the form of Donovan who lures all these sexy combatants to his CCTV rigged island in order to download their martial arts prowess onto a pair of fucking sunglasses he plans to sell to worldwide bidders who all look like incredibly normal blokes sitting in their rooms using dodgy megapixel webcams.

The climax involves Donavan's nerdy intern underling turning to the good side by SENDING AN EMAIL TO THE CIA through their official website - shown on screen - to warn them about what is going on. AND THEY RESPOND. Go and watch it. It's got plenty of opportunities to knock one off, an intense hacking montage, Nash discovering his daughter in bed with another girl, the most token token black guy on the face of the earth ... all that and more.

Pretty much every Stallone and Schwarzenegger film. Plus I like the WWE films, The Marine, 12 Rounds, See no Evil etc

You calling all of Arnie and Sly's classics bad and substandard... even T2 AND Rocky?

That isnt what I meant I just mean I like all of their films. The majority of which are considered quite bad.

Touche... for the record Halloween 4 & 5 I adore in that series.

5!!!!! 5!!!!! Omg Halloween 5 nearly destroyed my soul...The camera work alone deserves for that film to be erased from all of time :angry:

• Paid Members
Its to got be Pulse for me.

An intelligent pulse of electricity is moving from house to house. It terrorizes the occupants by taking control of the appliances, either killing them or causing them to wreck the house in an effort to destroy it. Then it travels along the power lines to the next house, and the terror restarts. Having thus wrecked one household in a quiet neighbourhood, the pulse finds itself in the home of a boy's divorced father whom he is visiting. It gradually takes control of everything, badly injures the stepmother, and traps father and son, who must fight their way out

I remember me and a mate saw it on BBC 1 years ago and couldn't stop laughing. The best scene is where a young Joey Lawrence (remember him from Blossom?) is attacked by a TV set infected with the evil electricity. Its absolute comedy gold.

I've got a feeling I've seen that. Does the Pulse melt the solder in electrical items and cause them to short circuit, and there's an old preacher type guy who says "Spooky, ain't it?"

Dish Dogs

Matthew Lillard and Sean Astin star alongside Brian Dennehy and Shannon Elizabeth as two bros who search and ride waves during the day and wash dishes at night. It tries in a sense to be intellectual and philosophical but falls short on both fronts. For some reason I love the cheapness of it and in the end they learn is all you need is love.

• Paid Members
The Great Outdoors. John Candy, Dan Ackroyd. Awesome comedy.

Oh and Uncle Buck. Superb.

Again, in what way are these bad or substandard films? THEY'RE NOT.

Indeed watched the great outdoors a few weeks ago for the first time, really fun mindless family comedy with Akroyd and Candy being enjoyable as always. Sure theres not huge depth in it or anything but it's a great little comedy.

• Paid Members

The Great Outdoors was a massive box office faliure, so probrably gets the "Bad" tag from that. I loved it though.

• Paid Members

The Great Outdoors was a massive box office faliure, so probrably gets the "Bad" tag from that. I loved it though.

No it wasn't it was quite a big hit, John Candy was box office gold back then. The steak eating scene in that movie is a classic "But theres nothing left on the plate but fat and gristle!"

Archived