Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I'm so bored of Lesnar. Use him away because it's just my own finicky nature coming to the fore and he's obviously still a massive aura guy you don't see much of anymore but all the things people love him for - the whole doesn't really care thing - just make me hate him, even if nobody wants a world full of swell dudes who'll play Animal Crossing with Xavier Woods, either. 

I don't give a toss about MMA so that probably plays into it. His TV stuff has loads to do with Heyman. His streak sheen has worn well off by now. He's coming off a dissapointing Ambrose match and headed for a Randy Orton bout. Loads of suplexs, close up of his big gassy rifle obsessed probably prejudiced in loads of ways head etc. Couldn't care less. He's just a big bollocky dumb cunt in my eyes and if he stays with the WWE for the next six months or the next 6 years his seasonal PPV bouts are probably going to continue down their path of diminishing returns for me.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Bollocks. Pathetic cop out. They either do em all or they do nobody.

Exactly. If a freelance job guy was caught taking all kinds of rubbish they'd stop using him, so what's the difference?

Drawing power. It's always been one rule for the top guys, one for everyone else.

If they start testing part-timers, Rock would needing testing in the unlikely event he wrestled again. I add his name for no reason at all.

• Paid Members

There's drawing power, true. But also, from a PR point, they've just killed their whole "its better than the NFL" bollocks with this decision. We all know their Wellness Policy is shite, but now everyone knows its shite. I'm just going to assume now ever part timer is gassed off their faces. Vince, Triple H, Tatanka. The lot.

There's drawing power, true. But also, from a PR point, they've just killed their whole "its better than the NFL" bollocks with this decision. We all know their Wellness Policy is shite, but now everyone knows its shite. I'm just going to assume now ever part timer is gassed off their faces. Vince, Triple H, Tatanka. The lot.

Certainly would go lengths to vindicate the big bad booty daddy's "I'll piss with Paul does" 2003 mantra.

• Paid Members

I think Brock's a borderline case. The Welness Policy is there to protect the guys they employ week in week out. If someone's working 1 or 2 dates a year, they're right, it's not their problem what they're on as long as they're medically cleared. Brock coming in for 5/6/7 appearances per year is on the cusp of "they should be looking after him" for me. Not angered by it but I do think it's a bit off.

If they do random testing before workers go out to wrestle on Raw it would mean part timers never get tested anyway. The chances of Brock wrestling on Raw the day of random testing and him being selected are so slim that they wouldn't need to write it into part timers contracts.

On Thursday, WWE released their earnings report for the second quarter of 2016. Some highlights of the report include the following:

• Revenue increased 32% to a record $199 million, which is the highest quarterly revenue in company history.

• WWE Network acheived a record 1.52 million paid subscribers on average, up 25% from Q2 2015.

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon commented on the Q2 2016 earnings report with the following:

“I continue to be pleased with the execution of our strategy to optimize the long-term value of our content. Progress on this objective is evidenced by the continued year-over-year growth of WWE Network, the transition of SmackDown to a live format every week and the completion of our first exclusive content agreement in China.”

You can read the full earnings report:http://corporate.wwe.com/news/company-news/2016/28-07-2016

The boys are doing alright for themselves, aren't they?

Now saying that something they're trying to gloss around is that net income was only 0.8 million dollars, down from 5.1 million dollars last year so they didn't make a lot of profit. Investing for the future? Either way the stock is pretty high now compared to the past so investors must be confident in what they are doing.

Edited by Gay as FOOK