Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Yeah, any time I've threatened them (with leaving. Not doing them in), they've offered absolutely nothing and said "on your way". We were customers for 18 years as well.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Make sure you're through to the cancellations team. That's where you get the deals. I had some right clueless fucker on the phone to start with, I was asking him how much it would cost for just blah blah blah and he kept saying "About 50 quid". I kept replying it isn't an about number, it's an exact one. Eventually I told him I was cancelling and that was that. Got popped through to that team and they gave me the deal.

If you're through to cancellations and you're not getting a deal, just hang up as if you got cut off mid sentence.

• Paid Members

When I split from my wife I cancelled sky as she didn't want it. Because I'd been a customer for about 15 years, I ended up with the free to air channels, unlimited broadband and a phone line for £27 a month. Or should I say she did.

Yeah that's a little known one. Even if you cancel Sky, they leave the box behind and you continue to use it to get what is essentially all of the freesat channels.  I did that for a while before I cut the Live TV cord entirely and got rid of my TV Licence.

This thread turning into a Digital Spy discussion has been helpful though, I noticed my Sky Fibre price was about to double next month as I was out of contract - on the My Sky  page on their website there was a Thinking of cancelling Sky Fibre Unlimited, Talk & Line Rental? dialogue at the bottom left, I clicked it, it asked me a few questions about why and where I was leaving to (I said I'd seen a better offer on BT) and they offered me another 12 months of Fibre Unlimited for a tenner a month plus the 17 quid line rental. Worth looking if anyone else wants to avoid a phonecall.

Edited by Benno

• Awards Moderator

There's a lovely video on the WWE Facebook page at the moment of Johnny Saint's visit to the Performance Centre. Regal, Brookside and Smiley all raving about him, and Saint gets to talk a bit too. Don't think I can link to the video directly but it's well worth a watch.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

There's a lovely video on the WWE Facebook page at the moment of Johnny Saint's visit to the Performance Centre. Regal, Brookside and Smiley all raving about him, and Saint gets to talk a bit too. Don't think I can link to the video directly but it's well worth a watch.

Already posted here: https://ukff.com/topic/80687-official-youtubecom-cool-finds-thread/page-677