Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I saw Uhaa for the first time ever at the last UK Dragon Gate shows and he was excellent. A real natural showman who got over hugely on his first appearance. He's crazily athletic for such a well built bloke. Best of luck to him.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

• Paid Members

This was in the Observer today. He has bags of athleticism and natural charisma. He does look good but lack of height will go against him.

Isn't he 6'? That's hardly short these days.

He's not even close to being 6'. Still, he's looked like he's had WWE potential for some time. He's got the look, super natural charm, charisma and likeability, and has a style that will mesh well with what they already have while throwing in some spectacular moves that are unique for someone with his size.

• Paid Members

I see Jericho is working for RF Video moderating a live shoot interview with Bruce Prichard and Eric Bischoff. Good to see Jericho's stock is at a level it deserves to be these days.

I finished reading Jericho's new book a few days ago (it's a bit dull with lots obvious filler, which is a shame because I liked his first two), and it got me thinking how far he's fallen since his feud with CM Punk. What is puzzling is he starts off his book by saying he realised his babyface Y2J schtick was corny and dated 7 years ago, yet here we are in 2015 and he's still doing it.

Edited by ColinBollocks

He's just doing his job innit, if they say you are face here is your lines then that's what he's going to be.

WWE don't care regular watchers are bored of Jericho, he's a good attraction for the casual viewer and live event crowd.

Edited by Widdy85

• Paid Members

He is doing a job, but it doesn't mean he has to do his outdated rubbish, though. For example, when he had that great heel run he wasn't prancing around wearing his Chef Boyardee outfit, like it was 2002. I'm sure if he was arsed, he could change it up like he did in 2008.

Edited by ColinBollocks

It's too bad he's not heeling it up in UFC, because just about all of those fans were drunk. Would love to see a "straight edge means I'm better than you!" rant.

The Q&A also went some way to revealing what Punk's UFC walk out song will be- he actually came out to Cult of Personality. He didn't completely rule out a different selection though, said it depends how he's feeling come fight time.

Punk is a master promoter. In the course of a month, he's done a complete media circus, been very witty and engaging, but has provided basically no information.

• Paid Members

Punk is a master promoter. In the course of a month, he's done a complete media circus, been very witty and engaging, but has provided basically no information.

True, but in truth, what sort of information could he realistically provide? Even he isn't able to give an exact timeframe or opponent. The most we've got from him is about as much as one could expect: confirmation that he's signed, his own experiences of backstage reactions, why he's doing it, and the gym he's signed with. I can't really think what else he could say.