Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Why did the roof collapse? I mean, if it was still in use would the roof have still been there?

I suck with architecture and shit so this baffles me.

It was a very light/flexible material that was held in place by pumping air inside the stadium so that it was the same pressure inside as outside, like some of those indoor tennis centres you get in some partks. When the new owners gave up on operating the stadium, they allegedly shut off some of the air pumps. That and a string of bad winters with heavy ice build-ups caused it to tear, sag and eventually collapse.

• Paid Members

Did I imagine it or wasn't there a story doing the rounds recently (I'm almost certain it was from an interview a recently sacked writer gave) where it was mentioned that Vince had wanted to do a Mighty Mouse gimmick with Neville so they got the art department to mock up some ideas for an outfit and when they showed them to Vince, his response was "No, I actually meant Mighty Mouse! Well, we probably couldn't get the rights, anyway."

But as I pretty much only get my wrestling information from here and the Observer and no one else has mentioned it, I'm now wondering where the hell I heard it.

• Paid Members

Did I imagine it or wasn't there a story doing the rounds recently (I'm almost certain it was from an interview a recently sacked writer gave) where it was mentioned that Vince had wanted to do a Mighty Mouse gimmick with Neville so they got the art department to mock up some ideas for an outfit and when they showed them to Vince, his response was "No, I actually meant Mighty Mouse! Well, we probably couldn't get the rights, anyway."

But as I pretty much only get my wrestling information from here and the Observer and no one else has mentioned it, I'm now wondering where the hell I heard it.

I heard this, too. I also can't remember where, though, so a bit useless to you.

• Paid Members

insincere apologies to any Geordies reading this although I'm sure you're aware you sound unattractive.

Sorry, pet: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7578061/Geordie-accent-sexiest-in-Britain.html

Four years ago mate, get over it...

Was just the first result when I Googled “Geordie sexiest accent”, mate.

Kevin Nash commented on the reported domestic dispute involving his son, Tristen, late Wednesday night on Twitter. According to police, both Kevin and Tristen were arrested early Wednesday morning on battery charges.

"To those that have given their love. The best gift I could receive. The pain of the last 24 hours will never be erased," Nash tweeted. "Just wanted to say thank you to the women and men at the Volusia country Detention center for being so professional in your treatment."

First Update: TMZ reported additional details on the arrests of Kevin Nash and his son, Tristen. According to Florida police, Tristen came home "drunk and belligerent" late Tuesday night. He claims that Kevin berated him over his relationship with his girlfriend, which led to a fight.

According to police, Kevin slammed Tristen to the ground, which appears to have followed Tristen allegedly getting into an altercation with his mom, Kevin's wife. Police arrested Kevin because they felt he was the "primary aggressor" in the altercation, while Tristen was arrested for allegedly attacking his mom.

Both were booked on battery charges early Wednesday morning.

WWE star Kevin Nash and his 18-year-old son Tristen were arrested and jailed early Wednesday morning, reports TMZ.

According to police, both men were taken into police custody in Florida after a reported domestic incident just after midnight Tuesday night.

The report continues that police noticed blood on Nash's face when they arrived at the scene. Both men were booked on battery charges. Nash's mugshot shows cuts and blood on Nash's face.

Tristen is an aspiring musician and has changed his look from recent years to a full beard connected to grown-out hair.

Nash is scheduled to wrestle Saturday at Maryland Championship Wrestling's 2014 finale in Joppa, Md.

He spat in his father's face apparently. No father should put up with that nonsense. Total lack of respect.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2886552/WWE-star-Kevin-Nash-arrested-teenage-son.html

'Tristen says his father used his signature wrestling move to slam his head to the ground so hard that he blacked out'.

A devastating Jackknife powerbomb on the kitchen floor then.

Edited by Flangedango