Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

29 other superstars is big as well though. It's 10 more people, but I don't think anyone's going to think much more of them because of the extra ten than if they beat 29.

Yes, but nobody's ever beaten 39 before have they? A much better claim.
My point is that a guy beating 39 wrestlers rather than 29 wouldn't make much difference in my perception of him.

If they're doing 40 men anyway, they could do that for something fresh and a unique claim but I wouldn't want the Rumble match to permanently become 40 men.

Edited by Sphinx

I'm surprised they have never had a heel come in at on 30 when everybody is already eliminated just get in the ring automatically win and claim they beat 29/39 other guys to win

This would piss so many people off that it's actually quite an interesting route to take.

• Paid Members

I'd have a title shot up for grabs for the winner, have two faces enter at 1 & 2, go through the entire thing but double eliminate themselves before no30 comes out. No30 is another face, who gets the default win and the title shot. And then the others try to make him give it up.

I'd have a title shot up for grabs for the winner, have two faces enter at 1 & 2, go through the entire thing but double eliminate themselves before no30 comes out. No30 is another face, who gets the default win and the title shot. And then the others try to make him give it up.

I don't like the idea of someone picking up the win by default but if there was only one beaten down babyface left in an empty ring that was then left to face a fresh heel coming out at number 30 that could generate some serious heat and would also keep the fans hanging on for them final minutes as there might still be hope that the babyface will overcome the odds.

Edited by Sexy Dad

How about something between both ideas? 2 guys are left and they're battered, both have gone over the top rope and are on the apron. #30 comes out, pulls them both off and enters the ring for the win.

If they went for #30 coming out and winning by default, they'd need to time it really well with the countdown. Or have both guys do the double elimination as the last entrant is just sliding into the ring. It'd need to be a heel, or a face that's in the midst of a heel turn like Daniel Bryan's original "YES!" celebrations when he first became World Champion.

It would be great to have someone like Bo Dallas win by default, especially if everyone is expecting Daniel Bryan to return (despite not being advertised for the match.) Bo could start his victory speech only for the countdown to start again revealing Bryan as a surprise #31 entry, followed by Bryan kicking the shit out of him and getting the win. Fully aware that's a fucking mental idea and won't happen, but it's Saturday night and I just tried a beer

think it would work for a smaller promotions rumble rip off or perhaps a WWE TV version if they needed to do one.

Think it woulde be interesting if 27-28 got eliminated and then have a heal come out for 29 with 30 being a top or returning face who rips through them

Anyway, I just saw apparently Orton Vs Cena will be the main event at HIAC, not sure if its the good old fanboy in me but dissapointed it wont be Rollins Abrose and therefore hope the orton cena bout gets shat on

Anyway, I just saw apparently Orton Vs Cena will be the main event at HIAC, not sure if its the good old fanboy in me but dissapointed it wont be Rollins Abrose and therefore hope the orton cena bout gets shat on

I can't believe that they're doing it again after it died on its arse at the rumble. To do it again 9 months later for seemingly no reason, most likely because they don't have confidence in Ambrose and Rollins to close the show, is asking for it to be shat on