Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Holy shit. If he won the belt in Washington on the 4th of July? Madness.

I'm pretty sure Nova just made up the July 4th thing. It was at Summerslam (which was in Washington) he was going to face Batista. The match with Undertaker at The Bash was originally billed as #1 contender for Summerslam. Which got quietly dropped after 7/7.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

WWE sent a survey out to this year's Wrestlemania travel package customers today, which included a question about cities you'd be interested in going to if they hosted Mania. London was the third or fourth option, and it was the only non-US city to get a mention. We all know it's highly unlikely to happen, but it was nice of them to bother adding it to the list.

• Paid Members

Piper's already had the "I took down Kevin Nash and threw him out of the locker room" one and the "Pat Patterson tried to back skuttle me even though we hadn't met until I was in my 20s" line, so those are going to take some beating.

What worries me is Piper doesnt even lie to self promote, like most bullshitters in wrestling do. He's just fucking mad.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I went to the Glasgow show and although it was really entertaining, but clearly a few inaccuracies here and there. If you go to the show and see it as a stand up show it's amazing; I just wouldn't place any reliance on some of the stories being bona fide.

According to the Wrestling Observer 

WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper did a one-man show in Scotland on July 16th and claimed there is a movie about his life in the works and that actor Mark Wahlberg will be playing him.

is this the best lie we'll hear this year?

god I totally forgot about that. pretty much most of his stories had a big tinge of bullshit, as he stood in a room of 100 smelly bastards and me

• Paid Members

He's shown up a fair few always with a bit part as voiceless muscle. Didn't he move to Hong Kong and appear in a bunch of martial arts films? Ong Bak and their ilk

Yep, he's been a stunt man in that part of the world for years now. He also popped up in Troy for a few moments too where Brad Pitt speared him through the neck.