Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Maybe they are just going to throw all the old series on there.

The article was later updated to include this:

UPDATE: Later in the call, they again noted that Tough Enough is returning as "original programming" on the Network. No filming or debut dates were announced.

I guess that means it'll be a new series?

Maybe they are just going to throw all the old series on there.

The article was later updated to include this:

UPDATE: Later in the call, they again noted that Tough Enough is returning as "original programming" on the Network. No filming or debut dates were announced.

I guess that means it'll be a new series?

Not necessarily. The round table shows are in there too and they are repeats from the old 24/7 shows.

Would Tough Enough be a bit redundant considering the success of NXT?

• Paid Members

No, because the format of the last Tough Enough came at a time where NXT was still in its old format and was still different to each other. NXT is just another brand/show with it's own roster yet Tough Enough would be a reality show.

No, because the format of the last Tough Enough came at a time where NXT was still in its old format and was still different to each other. NXT is just another brand/show with it's own roster yet Tough Enough would be a reality show.

Sorry I meant would a new series of Tough Enough seem a bit redundant compared to modern NXT.

My concern is that if you are good enough for a chance on the main roster, you should be appearing on NXT. But the whole premise of the original Tough Enough is to give x number of newbies the opportunity to fast track it to the main roster. It just seems to be counterproductive to have two shows (regardless of format) with the similar goals; i.e. getting to the main roster.

Though saying that, I reckon a Tough Enough that compliments NXT could work. Maybe a documentary series to show how guys go from the audition stage and see who was good enough and who wasn't good enough to make it to the NXT stage of development, and then see how they handle being at the training facility.

Sorry I meant would a new series of Tough Enough seem a bit redundant compared to modern NXT.

My concern is that if you are good enough for a chance on the main roster, you should be appearing on NXT. But the whole premise of the original Tough Enough is to give x number of newbies the opportunity to fast track it to the main roster. It just seems to be counterproductive to have two shows (regardless of format) with the similar goals; i.e. getting to the main roster.

How many Tough Enough contestants got fast tracked to the main roster? Every fucker that won it besides Maven went to developmental. And the entire point of a new series would likely be to win an NXT contract.

How many Tough Enough contestants got fast tracked to the main roster?

Fair point. The prize was a "WWE contract" wasn't it?

Every fucker that won it besides Maven went to developmental. And the entire point of a new series would likely be to win an NXT contract.

Like I said, if it were to compliment NXT, I could see it slotting in nicely. Especially if the show continues to follow the winner as he enters NXT for a few. Perhaps when season 1 is completed, season 2 continues to follow the previous seasons winner whilst seasons 2 starts off with a bunch of new hopefuls.

I'd love to see the inevitable stories of a wrestlers making it to NXT, and whether they make it to the NXT shows / get cut.

JEFF wrestling are officially partners with AAA which is expected but potentially odd since I guess they both might debut on US TV at the same time and potentially divide their audience but we'll see. AAA did have a deal with TNA that only resulted in TNA stars getting one off paydays in Mexico and Jarrett and his wife keeping the economy going in Mexico by buying lots of food and chucking it at people in the ultimate act of Christian charity. Not sure this will go any different.

Edited by Vamp

• Paid Members
JEFF wrestling are officially partners with AAA which is expected but potentially odd since I guess they both might debut on US TV at the same time and potentially divide their audience but we'll see. AAA did have a deal with TNA that only resulted in TNA stars getting one off paydays in Mexico and Jarrett and his wife keeping the economy going in Mexico by buying lots of food and chucking it at people in the ultimate act of Christian charity. Not sure this will go any different.

Surely unless they are running in the same time slot its nothing but a good thing having talent appearing on 2 shows, especially if it allows cross promotion

I dunno, on the one hand cross promotion sounds good but the different networks might have their own thoughts about that and I'm not sure how much time a wrestling audience will currently be willing to invest in alternative products, what with the network and everything.

• Paid Members

I reckon Vamps concerns are spot on, given who is behind both companies. I'll give it until Christmas. Its Jeff Jarrett working with a bunch of Mexicans. That basically translates as both will work with each other until they see an opportunity to knife the other in the back. There's no way this will last when both of their companies debut. Can you see Jeff Jarrett wrestling on El Rey when he's got his own promotion on CMT (or where ever?) And can you see AAA allowing (for example) Sin Cara on GFW's show if he's the star on El Rey?

The deal was done through Dorian Roldan and Konnan, and not Mark Burnett and Robert Rodriguez, right? So maybe when AAA hits on El Rey, they'll go "fuck these off, please?"

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I guess it's possible that AAA US and AAA Mexico will be almost like two completely separate entities, but even then the partnership seems strange to me. You can't help but think Jeff will be thinking about recruiting. They're both carny at heart and it just seems like there's even less room for alternatives at the moment. Personally I think AAA will build Jarrett up for a hair match, it won't happen, Jarrett will vanish and maybe a couple of AAA guys will start appearing in Global while doing the lucha Indy circuit.

I should add that the synopsis for the US series suggested that it'd be about a handful of luchadores stuck in the US fighting for the sport or something. So God knows what the shows will actually be like.

Edited by Vamp