Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Roddy Piper, Jim Ross and Mauro Ranallo are/were on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour today if anyone's interested. Might be worth a listen. Not sure if you can stream it but videos should surface online tomorrow (well later today now) either on YouTube or MMAFighting.com.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Where was it where Piper claimed he hadn't lost in 15 years? He did say that didn't he? It might have been the first Bret Hart DVD with the documentary actually because I'm sure he said Bret was the first to pin him in 15 years or something.

Is that accurate? Surely not, right? If it was the Bret match he was on about, 15 years before 1992 would mean he went undefeated pretty much his whole career before WrestleMania VIII, which is clearly bollocks. Even if it's just a claim never to have been pinned in that period, its surely another Hogan-like 'I slammed the 900lb Andre and he died a week later' claim, right?

I wonder if JR will tell the bag of dogs story again.

• Paid Members
Where was it where Piper claimed he hadn't lost in 15 years? He did say that didn't he? It might have been the first Bret Hart DVD with the documentary actually because I'm sure he said Bret was the first to pin him in 15 years or something.

On his own DVD Piper claimed Bret was the only guy to pin - not beat - him in his WWF run.

It's bollocks either way. Rude pinned him, Perfect pinned him. There may have been others.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Piper lost a shit load of times when he first came in in 1984. Vince didn't see shit in Piper until he blew up. Piper was beat by Ivan Putski, Tito Santana, Jimmy Snuka and Andre The Giant that I know of. Piper was allergic to doing jobs. He came out in a big fanny rash when someone suggested he put anyone over. He wouldn't even put Randy Savage over after Hogan put Piper over. Scott Hall got in his face about it. Nash eat him up in 97. Nash gives him nothing and just buries him every chance he gets on the mic.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yeah, I remember Nash on about that backstage confrontation on one of his shoot interviews. Saying he'd heard for years about Piper's rep as a badass, Piper came at him so he floored him with a slap and that was it. Said he almost felt like a bully after. Nash smacked Samoa Joe backstage in TNA as well, didn't he?

Didn't Nash and Piper's little tete a tete occur on the same night as the handbags exhibition between Bret and Shawn. For me this was pre-internet, so I'm sure I first found out about it in Power Slam and wondered what was in the water that night.

• Paid Members
After reading Bob Holly's autobiography I never know how seriously to take Nash's tough guy claims. Holly swears blind that Kevin Nash is a massive pussy and Holly doesn't seem one to lie about something like that.

Never believe a pro wrestler. Nash has spent the past year saying he's got an IQ of 161 or 149, depending on how much wine he's had.

I'd rather my wrestlers be massive exaggerators, though. It's what they do.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

• Paid Members

Yeah, I get that a pinch of salt is probably required whenever a wrestler, or any bloke I suppose, tells a story of a fight he was involved in. They'll usually tell a version that has them coming out of it like Bruce Lee. But has Samoa Joe ever refuted that story? I'm sure Nash said punches were thrown. Then again I think that was the shoot with Waltman where they were both pissed and crying and stuff.

Taken from ewrestlingnews.com:

Hulk Hogan's infamous "Real American" theme song topped the recent WWE list of the top 50 pro wrestling theme songs, which was a new countdown feature at WWE.com.

The full list, from 50 to number one is available below:

50. Tazz