Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Whatever the situation is it's involving Teddy Hart so I'm just going to take Lance Storm's side.

I'll take that guy who murdered my Mum over teddy Hart.

I'll take Hitler, Hussain, Kim Jong Il and Jedward over Teddy Hart.

Actually, maybe not Jedward.

Here's some more concrete nonsense about the WWE Network from the quarterly shareholders' meeting.

"Our plan to transform our business is based on the global appeal of our brands and the rising value of content," stated Vince McMahon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We believe we can achieve a significant increase in earnings based on launching a WWE network in the U.S. and international markets, leveraging the renewal of our largest content agreements, and developing digital products, such as mobile games and gamification of content, which take advantage of our presence online and in social media."

To maximize the value of our content, we plan to utilize three approaches: licensing our content to established television networks, potentially launching a WWE network through traditional cable, satellite and telco distribution, and monetizing our content through alternative digital "over-the-top" distribution. These options are not mutually exclusive. We plan to utilize combinations of these approaches in our domestic and international markets.

Regarding a potential WWE network, we are evaluating multiple approaches. We believe that a premium subscription model is the best approach in the U.S. to capitalize on our fans' commitment to our brands and their desire for more WWE content. Based on our market research, we estimate that a fully distributed domestic pay network could ultimately attract between 2 million and 4 million subscribers at a "steady state." These subscriber estimates derive from a projected base of approximately 47 million WWE digital TV households in the US (including lapsed fans), and the proportion of which have an affinity for WWE content, although there is no guarantee that this affinity will translate into actual subscribers. These take-rates are based on a value proposition for the network that reflects inclusion of our pay-per-view events, except WrestleMania, as well as compelling original content. Under our preferred subscription model, while our pay-per-view events would still be offered on an

• Paid Members

I wonder if they'd get their own channel as part of the Sky Sports package if they ever actually got the network off the ground. I imagine that'd be the only way to implement it over here as privately i'd assume it'd die on it's arse.

• Paid Members
Expecting a quarter of them to be up for a WWE pay channel seems a bit optimistic.

Yep, especially when you factor in that their PPV record is 1.2m buys. If 1m people were willing to pay $15 per month for WWE's standard fare, I'd have thought that more would have parted with their $60 for the one-off Wrestlemania.

Dunno if this is the right thread, or if anyone has seen the show, but i just watched TNA Backstage Pass...and at exactly 21 mins there is a shot of the crowd in Glasgow, and everyones favourite Barclaycard-flashin, Mars Bar Chompin, Hilton-Hotel Stayin TommyBoi was right at the front row...looking miserable as sin :)

With his missus in a bright pink tshirt in front of him...wonder if he told her to move when the wrestlers came down the aisle so he could high-five them?!