Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Rather interesting and surprising piece of news.

"The next tape library that WWE is looking to acquire is the UK "World of Sport" library, which is owned by ITV. Several matches from the World of Sport library will be featured on Bret Hart's upcoming "Dungeon Collection" DVD set, due out March 5th."

Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

@RealKingRegal have read the @WWE has made enquiries about purchasing the World Of Sport library from ITV. Could be interesting

@NMTKOM I was told on here that I said they have on twitter but I didn't.It would be great if they would.

• Paid Members

It's a bit of an overblown story. The Observer actually simply said "Regal mentioned something on Twitter about WWE looking to get the World of Sport (U.K.) video library. ITV owns it, not any specific retired promoters, so it won

I was just interested on what Regal would make of it. Regal has got back to me a few times on twitter. I once listed a bunch of drugs he'd been suspected of taking and asked if there was anything he hadn't taken, and got a the answer "asperin, as it affects my delicate stomach"

Its nnice to see he does occasionally take time to answer people

John Chapman (who's operating at WOS.TV) has some sort of deal licensing the footage to sell through iTunes, so the library isn't available to buy outright at the moment anyway.

The guy who got sued using the AWA name? Does he own the rights then?

Was that the ill-fated AWA:UK from a few years back which died after one taping?

• Paid Members
John Chapman (who's operating at WOS.TV) has some sort of deal licensing the footage to sell through iTunes, so the library isn't available to buy outright at the moment anyway.

The guy who got sued using the AWA name? Does he own the rights then?

Was that the ill-fated AWA:UK from a few years back which died after one taping?

John Chapman ran three AWA:UK shows. The first two actually weren't bad, the last was a bit of a disaster, though. Chapman was unfortunate to be a classic example of a good bloke who was taken advantage of by a bunch of cunts in the wrestling industry.

The guy who ended being threatened with a lawsuit, though, was the guy who tried to resurrect AWA:UK - Jamie something, an idiot who also ran TBW.

they contacted Marty Jones asking if he knew how they could get a match he had with Bret) but couldn't sort it out in time.

Do you think, when he picked up the phone and heard a voice saying "Hey, it's Bill from the WWE", for a second he thought "Hall Of Fame?" No, no, just interested in an old match...

they contacted Marty Jones asking if he knew how they could get a match he had with Bret) but couldn't sort it out in time.

Do you think, when he picked up the phone and heard a voice saying "Hey, it's Bill from the WWE", for a second he thought "Hall Of Fame?" No, no, just interested in an old match...

If I was a retired wrestler it would be my first thought. Marty Jones was a class worker. He'd be great for the Hall of Fame if WWE ever did start showing WoS footage and wanted to stick in an "elite level worker" type to put in with the big names, although realistically I expect even if they did start acknowledging British wrestling he'd be quite a way down the list of the few names they'd stick inc (look at all the big territorial names not in there). Now the Observer Hall of Fame... maybe.