Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Look at this absolutely fucking great twitter exchange between Dolph Ziggler and the one and only Arnold Schwarzenegger. Dolph gets owned.

Dolph Ziggler ‏@HEELZiggler

grabbing @Schwarzenegger's book bc once i cash in my MITB World Title contract i'll study his workouts for the media & movies im offered😎

Arnold ‏@Schwarzenegger

Good luck with that and enjoy the book @HEELZiggler. Appreciate the support.

Dolph Ziggler ‏@HEELZiggler @Schwarzenegger haha relax brother, i dont need luck & im not a fan, just a heads up, im on my way to being a much bigger STAR than you!

Arnold ‏@Schwarzenegger

@HEELZiggler It's going to take more than reading my book. You better memorize it. Then do curls with it. Then you'll be 1% of the way there

@Schwarzenegger whatevs! Youre living in the past! #OldNews IM the future & wrestling is like, the 5th best thing i do! SHOW-OFF

Arnold ‏@Schwarzenegger

@HEELZiggler I'd hate to see 1st-4th best things. You're right, you are the Show Off. Every time I see you I turn the show off.

Vince is back on RAW next week, giving a "State of WWE Address". Hopefully he'll relieve AJ at least. I wonder if McMahon can do better than the 2.5 they got last week (though that was against a big NFL game)?

That's brilliant news , Vince knee-jerking to a shit rating always = TV Gold.

• Paid Members
Arnold ‏@Schwarzenegger

@HEELZiggler I'd hate to see 1st-4th best things. You're right, you are the Show Off. Every time I see you I turn the show off.

:laugh: That's absolutely marvellous.

Look at this absolutely fucking great twitter exchange between Dolph Ziggler and the one and only Arnold Schwarzenegger. Dolph gets owned.

grabbing @Schwarzenegger's book bc once i cash in my MITB World Title contract i'll study his workouts for the media & movies im offered😎

Arnold ‏@Schwarzenegger

Good luck with that and enjoy the book @HEELZiggler. Appreciate the support.

Dolph Ziggler ‏@HEELZiggler @Schwarzenegger haha relax brother, i dont need luck & im not a fan, just a heads up, im on my way to being a much bigger STAR than you!

Arnold ‏@Schwarzenegger

@HEELZiggler It's going to take more than reading my book. You better memorize it. Then do curls with it. Then you'll be 1% of the way there

@Schwarzenegger whatevs! Youre living in the past! #OldNews IM the future & wrestling is like, the 5th best thing i do! SHOW-OFF

Arnold ‏@Schwarzenegger

thats-gold-jerry.png

If WWE don't use that Ziggler/Schwarzenegger Twitter exchange on the next episode of Raw, they're idiots.

• Paid Members
Vince is back on RAW next week, giving a "State of WWE Address".

I rather like that idea - it's a shame they don't have a Tunney-style, sporadically-appearing president type (as opposed to Vince's once-frequent-now-sporadic owner type) delivering it. Even with Vince, though, it's a nice touch.

If WWE don't use that Ziggler/Schwarzenegger Twitter exchange on the next episode of Raw, they're idiots.

Arnie to be the social media ambassador on raw

They also brought up the exchange on wwe.com as well. Arnie's promoting his book at the minute so this is probably the best they can do.. it would be nice if they could get a skype link like they did with sheen but I doubt it

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

From TMZ.com

A mother will do anything to protect her kid -- just ask former "Shark Tank" winner Shelly Ehler ... who's picking a fight with a 6'5", 239-pound WWE star after he made her 8-year-old cry.

Ehler -- who scored a $75k investment on "Tank" for her ShoNo towels -- has a serious beef with Alberto Del Rio ... who snatched her son's handmade sign during a WWE event in Anaheim, CA this weekend ... and RIPPED IT UP (or at least tried to).

In the video (above) Del Rio isn't quite strong enough to rip the sign in half (it is cardboard) ... so he takes off small, pathetic, chunks instead.

FYI -- it's standard practice for the wrestlers to interact with audience members "in character." In this case, the sign was pro-Sheamus ... the wrestling arch-nemesis of Del Rio.

But TMZ spoke to Shelly, who says her 8-year-old was terrified by the wrestler's actions and instantly burst into tears. She adds, "Del Rio is a bully. I looked at him and said 'he's crying' ... and he mocked him."

Shelly -- who says her 8-year-old cried all the all way home -- vented her frustrations to the wrestler on Twitter and then fired off a an angry letter to the WWE.

In the letter she says, "Take signs from adults NOT KIDS! My son was bullied by your superstars and it is not okay."

Despite her demands, Shelly claims she's heard crickets from Del Rio -- but his manager tweeted her back and said, "lol blah blah blah."

FYI -- as soon as Shelly contacted Sheamus about the incident ... he immediately offered to send her son a signed photo and meet with him next time he's in town.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz28ng3H4tX

• Paid Members
From TMZ.com

A mother will do anything to protect her kid -- just ask former "Shark Tank" winner Shelly Ehler ... who's picking a fight with a 6'5", 239-pound WWE star after he made her 8-year-old cry.

Ehler -- who scored a $75k investment on "Tank" for her ShoNo towels -- has a serious beef with Alberto Del Rio ... who snatched her son's handmade sign during a WWE event in Anaheim, CA this weekend ... and RIPPED IT UP (or at least tried to).

In the video (above) Del Rio isn't quite strong enough to rip the sign in half (it is cardboard) ... so he takes off small, pathetic, chunks instead.

FYI -- it's standard practice for the wrestlers to interact with audience members "in character." In this case, the sign was pro-Sheamus ... the wrestling arch-nemesis of Del Rio.

But TMZ spoke to Shelly, who says her 8-year-old was terrified by the wrestler's actions and instantly burst into tears. She adds, "Del Rio is a bully. I looked at him and said 'he's crying' ... and he mocked him."

Shelly -- who says her 8-year-old cried all the all way home -- vented her frustrations to the wrestler on Twitter and then fired off a an angry letter to the WWE.

In the letter she says, "Take signs from adults NOT KIDS! My son was bullied by your superstars and it is not okay."

Despite her demands, Shelly claims she's heard crickets from Del Rio -- but his manager tweeted her back and said, "lol blah blah blah."

FYI -- as soon as Shelly contacted Sheamus about the incident ... he immediately offered to send her son a signed photo and meet with him next time he's in town.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz28ng3H4tX

The bits in bold had genuine LOLs from me. I really hope WWE don't force him to apologise or anything. He got a photo and a meeting with Sheamus and that kid will hate ADR forever. That's a pretty standard but of business. Del Rio is such an amazing bastard.

• Paid Members

Highspots are looking at distributing a documentary as a follow-up to their recent shoot interview with Dynamite Kid. They're raising money for it on Kickstarter.

I've pledged $39, which gets me not only a copy of the DVD but also a copy of Pure Dynamite. I've already got a first edition but looking at the prices that it goes for on eBay I think I could make a chunk of change. $29 gets you the DVD if you just wanted that. That means the book is $10, which is far less than you would have to pay if you were looking to buy someone else's copy.

Kickstarter.

Edited by Ronnie