Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I find it weird that Helms is one of the PG SUX brigade, considering he got his best run as more or less a 'PG friendly' character in The Hurricane. Sure he probably spent so long trying to get rid of it, but that just makes him even more of a tool when you consider that other than a tiny forgettable stint as Cruiserweight Champion using his real name, he blew chunks when he wasn't The Hurricane.

• Paid Members

He was cruiserweight champion for ages under Gregory Helms, wasn't he? Yet I cannot remember anything noteworthy of that period.

I do, however, remember his sting as The Hurricane well. Him beating The Rock, trying to double chokeslam Triple H & Austin, having Mighty Molly as his sidekick, the mild-mannered reporter etc.

• Paid Members
He was cruiserweight champion for ages under Gregory Helms, wasn't he? Yet I cannot remember anything noteworthy of that period.

His theme was pretty cool. He did a swinging neckbreaker off the top rope on someone (possibly Jimmy Wang Yang) that looked great. JBL loved him. And he wore a do-rag for a bit. That's about it.

• Paid Members

This wasn't a surprise, considering how little he's been used.

--TNA has released Mark Haskins, who they haven't used in months anyway.

F4Wonline.com

Well, at least they might have some intention of signing a wrestler from that show they are doing over here. I hope they fair better.

The writing was on the wall when they removed him from the X tournament a few months back.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Disappointing news on Haskins, one of the few people who actually lived up to the hype for me, which is such a rear occurrence I can't recall a case prior to Haskins.

Edited by Tommy!

he blew chunks when he wasn't The Hurricane.

You clearly don't remember the greatness that was 3 Count. Shame on you.

That was WCW, completely different company

About Bryan & Punk not being vegan any longer. Bryan said in an interview he became vegan due to a health issue. He admitted he probably wouldn't stick to it because of how hard it is to stick to the diet on the road. Especially when you're traveling with Ryback.