Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Does Tanaka still run with them, or did he move on?

I think I recall reading he had moved on, but I'm not the most up on jap stuff.

I know he had a bit of a second wind there at one time, and if he was over here I'd travel to see him.

The blokes astounding.

• Paid Members
Who are some of the stars that are in Zero One at the moment?

Does Tanaka still run with them, or did he move on?

He certainly does. I was privileged enough to see him win the Fire Festival in August, beating Big Japans Daisuke Sekimoto in the final group stage match, and Noahs Go Shiozaki in the final. Both were belters.

Unless you're an active follower of Zero1 the only names I think which would be recognized to fans of the wider world of wrestling would be Tanaka, Shinjiro Ohtani, Daichi Hashimoto (Shinya's kid), Akebono and I'm guessing some people would remember Ikuto Hidaka from appearances in various US indies. They have some cracking talent, it's just no one's heard of them. Yusaku Obata especially made a big fan out of me.

• Paid Members
Is this more to do with Zero-1 Europe?

Umm.... yeah. Not entirely what that means other than Zero1 doing shows in Europe, but yeah.

5552-thumbnail2.jpg

• Paid Members

TNA has announced another new concept for Impact Wrestling to being live tomorrow night on Spike TV. The concept will be called "Championship Thursday" and current TNA Tag Team Champions Christopher Daniels and Kazarian will be up first to defend the titles.

"On "Championship Thursday", an IMPACT WRESTLING champion will walk to the ring not knowing whom they will face. During this monthly episode, four challengers will meet with Hulk Hogan and plead their case why they deserve the shot at the champion. One by one, the challengers will be eliminated until bell time when two challengers remain. As the champion stands in the ring ready to defend, Hogan makes the final decision and the title match starts right then!"

Yep, that exact concept has been done for the past few months. There was that awesome opening segment with Angle, Hardy, Styles and Ray not too long ago that was exactly this. Seems strange as fuck that they're calling it a new concept, especially with it being so recent.

It could be quite fun tomorrow night though, they need to have a few segments witv Kaz and Daniels trying to back out of the match. They were gold with Sting and Hogan last week.

- PWInsider reports that NBC has picked up the option on a single camera comedy called Slammed, set within the world of pro wrestling. Jimmy Fallon and Jon Rineman are executive producing, with Rineman attached as a writer as well.

The site also confirms that the planned drama set in the territory days of the business which had the Rock as an EP will not move forward.

Sounds alright with Fallon involved, but the fact that the territory days drama with The Rock producing isn't carrying on is a shame.

• Paid Members

Kevin Nash is tagging with Muto in All Japan on the 23rd in Yokohama. Mental. They will no doubt assume he is some kind of god or mythical beast.

• Paid Members

Yeah, in 2009 big Kev, Angle, Chono and Choshu made up wonderful international grumpy old men team to slap GBH around at their January 4th Dome show, which is New Japans WrestleMania. In that world, it was a bit like watching Flair, Piper, Dusty and Sarge get it together to beat down Nexus, or something.

Yeah, in 2009 big Kev, Angle, Chono and Choshu made up wonderful international grumpy old men team to slap GBH around at their January 4th Dome show, which is New Japans WrestleMania. In that world, it was a bit like watching Flair, Piper, Dusty and Sarge get it together to beat down Nexus, or something.