Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/jason-sensation-raw-death-threat/#.W4T7ZM70mUk

Jason Sensation — who was briefly a WWE personality in the 90s — tweeted saying he brought a gun into Raw tonight to kill himself during the show … but now he’s claiming it was a joke.

Sensation tweeted, “I got my gun through security & will shoot myself in the head & kill myself during tonight’s #RAW in Toronto. Don’t ya dare miss it!!! Thanks for the memories.”

Authorities were alerted of the tweet, but there was no word on whether he was actually at the arena.

According to Wrestling Inc, former WWE head writer Vince Russo claims he spoke with Jason after seeing the tweet. Sensation allegedly told Vince he was only joking and is sorry for what he said.

Jason’s Twitter page has since been suspended.

Toronto Police released a statement saying, “There were numerous tweets to Toronto Police regarding a threat made by Jason Sensation over Twitter. We have been investigating it thoroughly. We are with Mr. Sensation now, he never was at the Scotiabank Arena, there is no concern for public safety.”

Kudos to Russo for reaching out to him straight away - screenshots of the tweets are going around - but what the fuck? He's either got some serious issues or if it was a joke - or effort to draw attention to himself - he's an absolute fool. 

Jason Sensation most famously played a damn fine Owen Hart during DX's Nation skit, for those wondering. 

Meltzer is at it again with his total lack of pop culture awareness while eulogising someone in the wrestling business, this time promoter Ed Cohen.

Referring to his return to work after his at least fourth bout with cancer (he'd had it three times at least between ages 17 and 37): "I remember when he came back... it was, um... it was like... he was like... I think he used the analogy, it's like Captain Kirk coming back to run the Enterprise, or something. I'm pretty sure that's what he told me. I just remember that... it was a Star Trek reference, anyway, and being in the chair, that would be Captain Kirk, right?"

Nah, Luke Skywalker, Dave, what do you think?

Wasn't sure where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread but hope this proves at least a little interesting to some.

Confirmed by Meltzer as legit and released as part of the racial discrimination lawsuit against WCW, the link below is to a transcript documenting how much wrestlers [and non wrestlers] contracted to WCW between 1996-2000 were paid.
Some interesting results [Hogan not having even a half million year in 1997 for example].

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/wcw_contracts

51 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Wasn't Hogan also getting a percentage of the PPV buys as well though? That would bump his income up a fair amount.

Income is all broken down into pay, merch etc further down the page.
It would seem he did not exceed $500,000 that year - he more than made up for it in the subsequent years obviously. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Wasn't sure where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread but hope this proves at least a little interesting to some.

Confirmed by Meltzer as legit and released as part of the racial discrimination lawsuit against WCW, the link below is to a transcript documenting how much wrestlers [and non wrestlers] contracted to WCW between 1996-2000 were paid.
Some interesting results [Hogan not having even a half million year in 1997 for example].

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/wcw_contracts

What the hell was going on with DDP in 1997 and Flair in 1999? $12k and $20k respectively in those years? That wouldn't have kept Flair in champagne for a night at points in time I'm sure. As for DDP, he should have had a word with Eric. After all, he's bound to have been able to negotiate a better deal considering Kimberly's involvement in proceedings.