Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

There goes the booking of Piper for an appearance on the next Old School Raw. Wouldn't be surprised if they stopped him attending the HOF ceremony next year too. That Patterson has been accused of some dodgy shit over the years. It makes you wonder how much is true. Still Vince always seems to stand by him.

• Paid Members

There goes the booking of Piper for an appearance on the next Old School Raw. Wouldn't be surprised if they stopped him attending the HOF ceremony next year too. That Patterson has been accused of some dodgy shit over the years. It makes you wonder how much is true. Still Vince always seems to stand by him.

Because the wrestlers accusing Pat are fucking nutters like Roddy Piper.

• Paid Members

Has he?

The only stories I've heard is that he stared at blokes like Barry Orton and Tom Zenk while they were showering, licked his lips at ring boy and had a consensual relationship with Steve Lombardi. He's hardly Jimmy Saville. Christ, there's worse rumours about Vince.

Piper firmly retracted the allegation on his podcast. To be honest, I'm not sure he actually made it in the first place. He's such a rambling fuck up in that interview that it's hard to keep track of what he's going on about.

• Paid Members

Has he?

The only stories I've heard is that he stared at blokes like Barry Orton and Tom Zenk while they were showering, licked his lips at ring boy and had a consensual relationship with Steve Lombardi. He's hardly Jimmy Saville. Christ, there's worse rumours about Vince.

I had a google after I posted about Patterson in the podcast thread a few days ago and I couldn't find much. The stuff from the early 90's seems to largely be Mel Phillips & Terry Garvin's weirdness, Pat was fired/resigned with them, then eventually re-hired without them (Presumably due to his innocence?).

Added to the fact that most wrestlers say that Patterson is the loveliest guy ever, its quite strange that these rumours have followed him around. Doesn't help that Gay = Pervert has been a wrestling trope for decades.

Piper firmly retracted the allegation on his podcast. To be honest, I'm not sure he actually made it in the first place. He's such a rambling fuck up in that interview that it's hard to keep track of what he's going on about.

I don't know anything about the false advertising of Austin on his podcast, but I think his stupidity finally done him in here. Imagine calling up Piper to have an adult conversation with him. He's a rambling mess.

Edited by Rob Lowe

I think a lot of these Patterson rumours went into overdrive after that Donahue broadcast. There's always the urban legend rumours on the internet too like Virgil only got a job with WWE because he let Pat wank him off. But yet of all the various shoots I've watched I don't recall any wrestlers actually having any issue with Pat.

• Paid Members

THAT WAS THE MOMENT! Ugh, I was sat upstairs and I fucking cringed.Business cards, Insane. There was or is a bloke who dresses in full on Undertaker gear circa 2007 as well.

One of my first memories of meeting Freebird was him persuading Black Undertaker to chokeslam him near the bar in Lava/Ignite.

Well, along with him asking "Do you want to meet Chilli Dog?" which prompted me to think "Hmmm..... do I...?" :dry:

Whatever happened to Vlad? Is he even still a fan?

He was definitely at Wrestlemania 30 and I think I heard he was at this years too.

EDIT: maybe in the post above.

Heres Vlad from a TNA show last year:

BthbahaIMAA36kM.jpg

I was really, really glad to see Faith No More Guy in that list of superfans. Always pretty underrated I thought when it came to discussions about that lot. Vlad, shellsuit couple, bowlhead and Hat Guy always get a mention but he seems to come up less despite being absolutely fucking everywhere for about 20 years and always managing to make it onto the camera if he wasn't near the front row. It was genuinely a bit disappointing not spotting him in the 2006 ONS crowd.

Had no idea about the wig saga from that clown beaut either. Absolutely beautiful.