Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

On a slightly happier note, Wade Barrett is doing the BBC football predictions with Mark Lawrenson this week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32276357

I love it when people who don't know a thing about wrestling have to write a story about it, always lots of slightly clunky language. Think he's also on Football Focus on Saturday with an extended version of the predictions if anyone is interested.

Think he's also on Football Focus on Saturday with an extended version of the predictions if anyone is interested.

I've set this to record based on your information Gus :-) love seeing wrestlers out of wrestling

I haven't read a wrestling book since Regal's, which came out ten bastard years ago according to Google, but I think I'll pick Bryan's up. I started watching wrestling in 2000 so he's one of the first guys I was able to watch for practically their whole career, and he's been all over the gaff. Must have loads of stories to tell.

As an aside, wrestling is making me feel old pretty regularly lately. Someone's going to put up a fucking 'ECW One Night Stand: Ten years on' thread in a couple of months and I'm going to hang myself soon after.

I haven't read a wrestling book since Regal's, which came out ten bastard years ago according to Google, but I think I'll pick Bryan's up. I started watching wrestling in 2000 so he's one of the first guys I was able to watch for practically their whole career, and he's been all over the gaff. Must have loads of stories to tell.

Still need to read Regal's book, I hope it's as good as it's made out to be.

As an aside, wrestling is making me feel old pretty regularly lately. Someone's going to put up a fucking 'ECW One Night Stand: Ten years on' thread in a couple of months and I'm going to hang myself soon after.

Glad I'm not the only one. I've found this a lot lately. Reading about stuff happening in 2002 and 2003 and not grasping just how long ago that actually was. I still think 2010 only just happened.

How has FSM been going almost 10 fucking years!?

Edited by Undefeated Steak

HBK turned down an offer to wrestle at Mania 32: http://www.sescoops.com/shawn-michaels-said-he-turned-down-an-offer-to-wrestle-at-wrestlemania-32/

Looks like they're pulling out all the stops for this one.

Would have had to really put the effort in, he looked a bit of a chunky monkey in his run in this year. But retirement will do that to a guy I suppose.

Who do we reckon he'd have faced? Taker one last time? Sting?

And Merz asked 'seriously' coming back. No way is Austin coming back for a match unless he does a Bret Hart at WM26 match

Edited by WyattSheepMask

An Austin match would have to be the biggest smoke and mirror type match ever, he just isn't going to ever be physically able to have a proper match again is he?

I'm not sure he'd be a big enough name to main event a 'Mania but I'd kill to see a Jeff Hardy run, the inner teenage fan in me would love to see him go against Rollins.

I dont think Austins at a have a match and die phase, he just had enough money to stop as was uncomfortable. He's always talking about he gets little hassle from his neck on the podcasts