UFC 139: 'Shogun vs Henderson' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ATxlJtDkQ...ture=plpp_video

Great tribute to Silva, one of the best MMA tributes I have seen.

I've never seen that video, thanks for posting it.

I've always liked this one as well:

You are very welcome

I will say, I think Silva has the best entrance theme in MMA history. Sandstorm gets you pumped for an MMA fight like no other.

no no no! Sandstorm can fuck off.

Chuck Liddell coming into Raining Blood was the greatest entrance theme of all time...Wild Boys a close second.

I do like Liddel's but Sandstorm trumps it :p It created an atmosphere both in Pride and UFC that is in a league of its own, it is an adrenaline rush when you watch Silva come out to it on TV, would love to see what it is like in a arena.

Wild Boys was good for Cro Cop, Pride usually had the best entrances, somthing UFC/Strikeforce and others have yet to match.

I remember seeing Cro Cop at the Manchester UFC. He'd come out on the previous one to the Pride music (awesome by the way) and I was really looking forward to it. That was the first time he used 'Wild Boys'.

I used to love it in Pride where they lined up all the fighters at the beginning and announced them - awesome atmosphere.

• Paid Members

I love everything about Wanderlei apart from his walk in tune. Can't abide that kind of stuff, even if it is Wandy.

Shogun has some bum music too.

Favourites include Jim Miller with "Run through the Jungle"

Dan Miller with "Bad Moon rising"

Tito when he's bouncing round to 'Mosh'

and Meathead singing along to "Simple man"

• Paid Members
no no no! Sandstorm can fuck off.

Chuck Liddell coming into Raining Blood was the greatest entrance theme of all time...Wild Boys a close second.

I do like Liddel's but Sandstorm trumps it :p It created an atmosphere both in Pride and UFC that is in a league of its own, it is an adrenaline rush when you watch Silva come out to it on TV, would love to see what it is like in a arena.

Wild Boys was good for Cro Cop, Pride usually had the best entrances, somthing UFC/Strikeforce and others have yet to match.

I still love Forrest Griffins drop kick murphys song.

fuck, 6lb. I think that's the most ive ever seen anyone miss weight by in the UFC

Its 5lbs over, not 6lbs - they're allowed 1lb over anyway remember.

Anthony Johnson coming in at 177.5lbs against Rich Clementi is the worst I can remember.

Meathead singing along to "Simple man"

Which he shamelessly completely stole from Mike Brown who had been using Simple Man for years.

I hate it when fighter's do that, when they use a song that another fighter is already well known for using. Well that and people using the Rocky theme, I can handle Dos Santos using it but I think it was the show after he beat Roy Nelson - some random Brazilian newcomer used it and then the show after Tyson Griffin used it.

• Paid Members
fuck, 6lb. I think that's the most ive ever seen anyone miss weight by in the UFC

Its 5lbs over, not 6lbs - they're allowed 1lb over anyway remember.

Anthony Johnson coming in at 177.5lbs against Rich Clementi is the worst I can remember.

Meathead singing along to "Simple man"

Which he shamelessly completely stole from Mike Brown who had been using Simple Man for years.

I hate it when fighter's do that, when they use a song that another fighter is already well known for using. Well that and people using the Rocky theme, I can handle Dos Santos using it but I think it was the show after he beat Roy Nelson - some random Brazilian newcomer used it and then the show after Tyson Griffin used it.

Shamelessly? You make it sound like he wrote the damn thing.

Archived