UFC 139: 'Shogun vs Henderson' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

another quality MMA theme was Jeff Monson using 'Imagine' before the Tim Sylvia fight, great way to walk into a title fight.

on a live note, Michael Bisping and Dan Hardy's entrances were awesome, but the best entrance i ever saw was Yoshihiro Akiyama walking in at UFC 120, that shit sent shivers down my spine.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah Akiyama's is great, best one I saw live was Gono's at UFC 89

On Wand's entrance, I'm not into the type of music but when I hear Sandstorm I think of Wanderlei kneeing and stomping people into oblivion, or Bolivian as Mike Tyson would say. I wouldn't want him to change it.

Some other entrances I love

Fedor in Pride - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vslLU-2BvWs

Dan Henderson coming out to 'Lunatic Fringe' was cool - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rCmRdLnXWU

GSP coming out to Biggie for the Hardy fight -

Anderson Silva - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdNdeBd5qb4

BJ Penn - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS9qln6_f7g

And Randy always chose some really great walk in songs.

Can't wait for this one. Seems like they've pushed it back an hour later than usual though. :( I'm really hoping Wandy pulls out a Tito-esque comeback, but I had to go with Cung Le for the early knockout (I forgot to bet a shitload on Wandy in the predictions game though, I cleaned up with Tito vs. Bader). I can't see either Shogun vs. Hendo or Wandy vs. Le going the distance, but I'd say Faber vs. Bowles and Story vs. Kampmann probably will. I can't see any bad fight on paper here. :D

• Paid Members

well the Spike prelims didn't last long :laugh:

* Big win for Bader, i was kinda hoping Brilz would pull off the upset but he was fucked. Could be the last we see of Jason Brilz.

* Wow, great idea to put Michael Mcdonald on TV, that guy's a f'n killer. I put a tweet out to set up a McDonald-Torres fight at 135. Some people might think it's a bit soon for McDonald, but fuck it, get him in there. If he wins he'll probably be right in line for a title shot at like 21 years of age!...a Torres win re-established him after another cagey win over Nick Pace. I think McDonald's confidence and aggressive style will bring out the best in Miguel Torres, do it!

* Danny Castillo looked awesome against Shamar Bailey. I think the UFC will cut Bailey after missing weight and after getting dominated, he really did look a class below Castillo.

* Chris Weidman looks the shit at 185, as soon as he took Lawlor down it was a wrap, dangrous guy. I like seeing guys come out of the Serra/Longo camp too, i got a soft spot for those guys.

• Paid Members

guess it's just the actual Fox broadcasts that are changing.

Another thing ive noticed, Jon Anik and Frank Mir are commentating ringside as well as Rogan and Goldie, so who's getting that broadcast? Guess that answers the question of who Anik's partner would be too (great choice too).

Yeah, if they'res one guy who shouldn't be boo'ed its Bonnar.

One of the many reasons I hate the majority of crowds at the UFC's American shows, they are clueless to the ground game.

Another thing ive noticed, Jon Anik and Frank Mir are commentating ringside as well as Rogan and Goldie, so who's getting that broadcast? Guess that answers the question of who Anik's partner would be too (great choice too).

It's just a 'mock' broadcast that they are doing, just so Anik can get used to it.

MMA Junkie said that they were told that even though Mir is doing it tonight, he isn't confirmed to be Anik's partner - UFC still haven't decided yet who will do it full-time.

Archived