UFC 139: 'Shogun vs Henderson' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That gets fucking annoying on the blogs/Q&As and stuff.

And the "when are you coming to (insert city name)?" questions. It's not something he can really give a proper answer to in a Q&A like that and he always just gives the old "Soon, we're gonna be everywhere" answer anyway so there's no point asking.

• Paid Members

Yeah the ticket beggers piss me off. Dana usually says at the beginning of the Q&A "Don't ask me for tickets" and usually the first person up will then ask for them. Fuck off!

When Dana was running late for the 138 weighins he put a message on Facebook explaining he may not make it in time. The first response to his post was some knob asking for tickets because he was broke and his girlfriend wanted to go.

I hate these cunts.

• Paid Members

i'll still take Henderson by KO. If Shogun comes back 100% though we'll be in for a bit of a treat, here's hoping...

quick question, the UFC 139 is listed on ESPN as being on at 2am, is this true? i thought the UFC had gone back to 3am starts.

• Paid Members

thoughts on Bowles/Faber? there's been little said about it here...

Brian Bowles is without doubt one of the most underrated fighters in MMA, and it's being highlighted in the buildup to the show. The guy gets nowhere near the praise he deserves and a fight with Faber could be the fight that finally see him 'arrive'. Bowles is probably the best example of where a lack of personality harms a guy, Bowles is an exciting fighter, he's a finisher, yet his lack of personality definitly hinders him. How many other guys loses their title due to a doctor stoppage then has to go on a 3 fight streak to get another shot, but that's the situation Bowles finds himself in.

Urijah Faber is basically the polar opposite, he's a guy who get's every oppurtunity because he has the personality and charisma and he'll probably walk back into another title shot if he beats Bowles. It's a little bit on a unfair situation but Bowles has the perfect oppurtunity to show he deserves his shot, and he has the chance to steal Urijah's thunder here.

It's an interesting little story going in, and i will be rooting for Bowles, cause the muthafucker gets no love.

i'll still take Henderson by KO. If Shogun comes back 100% though we'll be in for a bit of a treat, here's hoping...

quick question, the UFC 139 is listed on ESPN as being on at 2am, is this true? i thought the UFC had gone back to 3am starts.

They go back to 3am starts next year after UFC 141 I believe.

Just watched the Countdown and am so excited for this card. Couple of observations about the main event which makes me think it's not going the distance:

Henderson hits fucking hard! Obvious I know, but his right hooks on the ground to Babalu were brutal!

Is there anyone in mma better than Shogun at finishing a guy quickly after a knock down? Apart from his war with Lil Nog every time he knocks a guy down they're finished almost instantly!

So, yeah this fight isn't going the distance.

Nice to see they didn't bury Fedor.

• Paid Members
thoughts on Bowles/Faber? there's been little said about it here...

Brian Bowles is without doubt one of the most underrated fighters in MMA, and it's being highlighted in the buildup to the show. The guy gets nowhere near the praise he deserves and a fight with Faber could be the fight that finally see him 'arrive'. Bowles is probably the best example of where a lack of personality harms a guy, Bowles is an exciting fighter, he's a finisher, yet his lack of personality definitly hinders him. How many other guys loses their title due to a doctor stoppage then has to go on a 3 fight streak to get another shot, but that's the situation Bowles finds himself in.

Urijah Faber is basically the polar opposite, he's a guy who get's every oppurtunity because he has the personality and charisma and he'll probably walk back into another title shot if he beats Bowles. It's a little bit on a unfair situation but Bowles has the perfect oppurtunity to show he deserves his shot, and he has the chance to steal Urijah's thunder here.

It's an interesting little story going in, and i will be rooting for Bowles, cause the muthafucker gets no love.

Yeah I'm fucking pumped for this fight and as stacked as the card is I'm picking this as my prediction for FOTN. This is probably one of the most evenly matched fights all year imo. Bowles is vastly underrated and I actually think he's kinda like a younger version of Faber. I'd give Bowles the edge in punching power aswell, although Faber has a good chin (even if it does look like an arse). Faber can hit hard too but he's had problems with hand injuries in the past.

I picked Bowles in the poll and on page 1 and I've got a feeling this will be his 'coming out party' fight. Should be an excellent fight wherever it goes but I think Bowles will take it on points.

• Paid Members

Good Shogun interview/open workout video here, could have done without Karyn Bryant trying to show off talking Portugese though, his fucking translator is standing there for a reason

his English is improving. Great to see Wand, Ninja and Shogun back together. Chute Boxe!!

• Paid Members

Sorry for the multiple posts but thought people might wanna watch these

Full press conference video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_fLfNJ6gr8...player_embedded

and Ariel Helwani has interviews with Henderson, Shogun, Wanderlei, Cung Le, Faber and Bowles. And an interview with Javier Mendez on the Cain/JDS fight and what went wrong.

http://www.mmafighting.com/

Archived