UFC 139: 'Shogun vs Henderson' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Just watched the Helwani interviews and in the Shogun one they mention a video online of him as a teenager fighting in a basement as part of some 'tournament', I went on Youtube and found the vid

here it is

crazy stuff, he looks different but I think it is him. His fighting's sloppy as fuck there haha, he still had that wild aggression just fuck all technique. You can see Ninja between rounds giving him advice aswell. Wonder what happened to the other lad? Bet he's bragged ever since about being the man who beat Shogun with a headkick.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Karyn Bryant

She can fuck off. She always asks some idiot questions. I reckon she's only there because Dana has given her the bone a couple of times. I hate when she talks to fighters she comes off like she's all pally with them. Bint.

Great line up of fights from top to bottom. Henderson, Le and Bowles for me, all 3 of those fights could go either way and I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.

I agree with you on Henderson (I fancy Hendo to win in the second round) but disagree with the others. I predict Silva beats Lee in the first round (that's a hopeful prediction) and Faber takes a decision win over Bowles. Hope and expect Faber to beat Bowles because I want the rubber match between Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber to happen.

Great line up of fights from top to bottom. Henderson, Le and Bowles for me, all 3 of those fights could go either way and I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.

I agree with you on Henderson (I fancy Hendo to win in the second round) but disagree with the others. I predict Silva beats Lee in the first round (that's a hopeful prediction) and Faber takes a decision win over Bowles. Hope and expect Faber to beat Bowles because I want the rubber match between Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber to happen.

I hope you're right about Silva, I really want him to win!

Another Faber vs. Cruz fight would be great, but I really want to see Bowles get a shot at the title as well. So I don't mind who win this fight as it's a win-win for the fans. I'll still be supporting Bowles though :thumbsup:

I hope you're right about Silva, I really want him to win!

Here's hoping. I want him to win as well, I'm going to assume most neutrals will as well.

Another Faber vs. Cruz fight would be great, but I really want to see Bowles get a shot at the title as well. So I don't mind who win this fight as it's a win-win for the fans. I'll still be supporting Bowles though :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind Cruz/Bowles II. Right now I'd predict it goes the same way as the first fight they had before Bowles retired with a broken hand.

• Paid Members
Karyn Bryant

She can fuck off. She always asks some idiot questions. I reckon she's only there because Dana has given her the bone a couple of times. I hate when she talks to fighters she comes off like she's all pally with them. Bint.

Haha. I just found her annoying speaking Portugese for no other reason than to show off. Shogun can understand English and if he gets stuck his translator was there, thats what he's paid for. Eduardo Alonso was standing there like a spare bollock.

Best interview she's done was the Rampage one where he motorboated her :laugh: Her voice is irritating as fuck aswell.

right, im shit at this stuff, what's the times for tomorrow?

ESPN at 2. So im taking it the prelims on UFC.com will be at 1? Facebook prelims at 11?

Pretty much, yeah.

Facebook prelims usually start anytime from 10:45 - 11:15, so probs best to keep checking UFC's twitter page.

• Paid Members

Weigh ins are done and dusted

full video here - it's worth it just for Tom Lawlor's Steven Seagal impression :laugh:

1101_medium.jpg

1091_medium.jpg

1081_medium.jpg

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Dan Henderson (203) vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (205)

Cung Le (185) vs. Wanderlei Silva (185)

Brian Bowles (136) vs. Urijah Faber (136)

Martin Kampmann (170.5) vs. Rick Story (170.5)

Stephan Bonnar (205) vs. Kyle Kingsbury (205)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

Ryan Bader (205) vs. Jason Brilz (204)

Michael McDonald (136) vs. Alex Soto (135)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Tom Lawlor (185) vs. Chris Weidman (185.5)

Rafael dos Anjos (155.5) vs. Gleison Tibau (155)

Nick Pace (141)+ vs. Miguel Torres (136)

Seth Baczynski (171) vs. Matt Brown (171)

Shamar Bailey (158)+ vs. Danny Castillo (155)

+ - Forfeits 20 percent of his purse for missing weight

Torres made weight after 3 attempts, Pace came in heavy and conceded 20% instead of trying to cut the last 5 pounds. Torres is pissed off

torres_tweet.jpg

• Paid Members

fuck, 6lb. I think that's the most ive ever seen anyone miss weight by in the UFC...the worst i ever remember was Paulo Filho missing weight by like 8lb in the WEC.

Just added some fire to that fight though, Torres seems pissed!

Shamar Bailey missed too which kinda undoes some of the hardwork he done to win fans over in his last fight. He could be gone with a loss as well.

Tom Lawler came in as Steven Seagal :laugh:

fuck, 6lb. I think that's the most ive ever seen anyone miss weight by in the UFC...

It might well be. The only other fighter that comes to my mind is Travis Lutter when he missed weight for his UFC Middleweight Championship shot against Anderson Silva on PPV. For those reasons that's the most high profile UFC failed weigh-in ever.

the worst i ever remember was Paulo Filho missing weight by like 8lb in the WEC.

The infamous Filho/Sonnen fight from WEC 36.

Tom Lawler came in as Steven Seagal :laugh:

I've seen a picture but no video yet, Lawler's best one for my money was when he dressed up as Dan Severn.

Archived