WWE Survivor Series 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was the mostfun ive had at entertainment event in years. msg was rocking. id say it was more fun than being there for wm20. shorter night and better fun. ryder chants were massive twenty minutes before bell time. the sellers realised his merch was most popular hawked it and sold out. i know its probably pre planned but videos seemed design to cut off chants. sexual chocalate undertaker fuck you cena you cant wrestle you fucked up dlo etc chants. massive reaction to fink and punk. the heat on cena was nuclear. proper grannys with handbags stuff. anyhow sorry for spelling and lack of grammar just woken up after late night and writing on akindle. i swear i met david ikle and the diaz bros last night. all in all if you ever gt a chance to go to a msg ppv or two.go.just go.

What were Punk and Orton saying/doing in the build-up?

Don't know about Orton, but Punk was saying something about how Dwayne doesn't shake hands with people and leaves right after his own segments or something.

I probably wouldn't bring Sin Cara back to be honest, and put it down as a failed experiment.

If WWE had any sense, they'd stick somebody else in the gimmick. The gimmick is fine.

Aye, I said that in chat last night. They should've just left Hunico as Sin Cara. That Mistico lad is beyond rubbish, to the point now where even his defenders must be wondering what they see in him.

• Moderators
What were Punk and Orton saying/doing in the build-up?

Don't know about Orton, but Punk was saying something about how Dwayne doesn't shake hands with people and leaves right after his own segments or something.

They're a couple of moaning bitches, not that I'm surprised. The man comes straight from a movie shoot in order to make them a bigger paycheck and gets there right before he needs to do anything, then leaves straight away because he's fucked. While making their paychecks bigger. And hasn't Punk moaned in the past about how he doesn't like people to talk to him? And I could swear on Art of Wrestling he said he doesn't like to shake hands, so he's an idiot if it's the case.

• Paid Members

That was no bullshit, what he said last week. He was up at three in the morning, went to shoot a film, got on a plane to Raw did his segments and left straight after. He was awake for god knows how long doing all kinds of shit. The Rock really doesn't need WWE. And not in a "Austin could wrestle for TNA if he wanted" sort of way either. Rock doesnt need wrestling at all. He's 39 and makes christ knows how much in films. If WWE didn't have the Rock, the end of year report would look dreadful. Can they not grasp that the Rocks isnt a wrestler they've brought in from Pro Wrestling Guerilla?

Cant believe the WWE locker room is so bitter towards the Rock. He's probably the most selfless headliner ever. Madness.

Rocky could very easily have turned up to SS rusty, unmotivated and just phoned it in, instead he clearly spent a lot of time getting into shape and worked off the rust well before the show. Rock doesn't need wrestling and whatever way you spin it he's doing them a favour for being there.

• Paid Members

CM Punk said it on a Sports Illustrated podcast the weekend of the PPV, the complete spoon:

He also questions whether Rock is really the draw people think he is. Talking about the huge WM buyrate, which was largely atrributed to Rock's cameo, Punk said, "Was that due to Rock? Or me and Randy Orton? Or Cena and the Miz?" He also notes that while Survivor Series sold out Madison Square Garden, something that was also attributed to Rock, WWE can always sell out Madison Square Garden.

Punk suggests Rock has gotten an ego since going to Hollywood full time:

"No matter if I like or hate who I'm working with, I say 'hello' to them I just don't appreciate anyone going from limo, to dressing room, to the guerilla, to the ring, and not saying 'hi' to anyone. That's what he does."

He then scathingly says of Johnson: "He lives in a fantasy."

What a goon. In other news:

It humbled me to hear MSG had a chant going for me last night. I love wrestling fans. Thank you.

D'Lo :)

Archived