WWE Survivor Series 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Mark Henry used to hang around with D'Lo back when people liked wrestling.

Pretty much this. It was 1999 in the building again. Rock love, D'Lo chants the lot. Butch came up with a bang on reason for why the crowd hate Cena so much in the chat, relating to Cena representing a shit period in life. It was funny as fuck. I cant do it justice.

Just finished watching the PPV and really enjoyed it. Was very surprised to see just how good Rock was in the ring also big props to the MSG crowd for telling it like it is during every match. Someone touched on earlier about people buying the PPV to see The Rock how you can't complain about the same people in main events or these old stars like Triple H and Kevin Nash and The Undertaker taking up spots when you're buying this PPV to see The Rock and it is so true. Most of the people that either watched via a stream or if they did indeed buy it on PPV are exactly the kind of people that every other week of the year will harp on and on about the young guys and how WWE needs to push the young guys yet they sit up to 4am on a Monday morning, some even paying

• Paid Members
Mark Henry used to hang around with D'Lo back when people liked wrestling.

Casuals who watched when wrestling was cool have little love for Mizark, it appears. I had a couple of mates round watching the football yesterday and I flipped over to the Survivor Series preview, on request (because The Rock is back). The graphic flashed up of Henry with the title, one mate asked "Eh, Sexual Chocolate?! Are things that bad now?", I then had to do that awkward thing of pretending I wasn't that bothered by his ignorance (inside I was ready to big boot the fucker for daring to dis Henry) and calmly told him Smart Mark is very good these days. He didn't believe me.

Butch came up with a bang on reason for why the crowd hate Cena so much in the chat, relating to Cena representing a shit period in life. It was funny as fuck. I cant do it justice.

It was brilliant. Butch, post it here, or something like it. I recall it involving unemployable neckbeards.

• Paid Members
Butch came up with a bang on reason for why the crowd hate Cena so much in the chat, relating to Cena representing a shit period in life. It was funny as fuck. I cant do it justice.

It was brilliant. Butch, post it here, or something like it. I recall it involving unemployable neckbeards.

Don't forget smelly virgins.

I quite enjoyed the event - even the ending. Maybe it wasn't the greatest but I was getting a bit concerned it was just going to switch off with an anti-climatic staredown, so the rock bottom was pretty cool. Rocks promo was about 100 times better than anything he said at Wrestlemania, and as mentioned, in-ring he hadn't missed a step.

I loved the opener. I know the WWE were often criticised for these two meeting so regularly, but it never bothered me at all as they work so well together. Based on recent fortunes, the outcome was pretty obvious, but for a few seconds when Morrison hit that kick to the face then dragged him over for the twisting moonsault, I thought he was going to win, which was pretty cool. Ryder's appearance was ideal, kept the crowd happy and should set up a programme to last until Rumble time. I hope Morrison re-signs, even if he isn't going to break out of the midcard. He'd be good for 10 minute superstars matches too.

I love me some fatboy battles, and I'm really enjoying this series between Henry and the Big Show. Last night was another good addition to it. Unclean finishes are fine when PPVs are every month and you're drawing out a programme over several. Outwith obscure shit like the Headhunters in deathmatches and suchlike, Show/Henry meetings must be some of the most physical big man v big man matches ever with all the bumping they're doing. They ain't holding back. It all looks great and makes for a smashing spectacle.

The 10 man match was a bit directionless, possibly due to the injury, but at least it was a bit of a surprising & significant finish, so it served it's purpose. As someone mentioned, the Sin Cara injury clearly wasn't a botch, his knee gave way as he took off. What went unnoticed by it though was Kofi's dive which was pretty mental considering it wasn't done towards the aisleway. The Hunico elimination must be one of the most telegraphed spots of the year. If they do let go of Sin Cara as I suspect will happen, and they want to hire another mexican guy to keep the gimmick going, then Volador Jr would probably be their best shot for someone who looks and moves similar. He's a bit bigger, but not as much as Hunico, and a lot of fans struggled to even tell with him.

No complaints with Punk/Alberto either. Perfectly decent stuff, although probably won't go down as being particularly memorable or noteworthy. I was kinda torn as I really enjoy both those guys, but I guess Punk has higher stock so if they're moving onto new programmes, the title change had to happen. The finish was particularly cool with Alberto trying to fight the hold and gouge Punks eye. Similarly, Punk in the armbreaker was really dramatic too. It never really felt like the massive match a PPV world title match should be though, and the wild celebrations looked a bit forced imo.

Overall, i'd give it a moderate thumbs up. Probably one of the weaker shows of the year, but that's more to do with it having been a really good year for PPVs imo. I think Wrestlemania is about the only I out-&-out hated.

in my opinion i loved this ppv overall and thought even the worse bit's weren't half as bad as past wwe mishaps.

The crowd were fucking awesome and in my opinion made the whole ppv what it was. Never before have i been up at 2 am giggling at a ppv because the crowd just say what they want.

the good

dolph ziggler just being fucking gold. this guy is money and wwe need to push him to the moon.

the finish of the divas match. that bump was crazy for a girl in wwe to take so hats off to eve for taking it.

the rock was in his own world and this ppv realy was about him and made me go back 10 years. his promo his in ring skills just have not changed its mental he has clearly put alot of work into it and obviously dose care about us wrestling fan's to not wnat to jip us out of money and put on a 5 star performance.

the bad

john cena. and not in the conventional i hate cena fashion.What i mean by this is i just do not know what good this has done cena and were he can go from here. if mania's match will be anything based on what we saw last night cena will be ripped to piece's and that is a shame. he is a hard worker and his skin is incredibly thick to go into lats night and still wear a smile on his face after the but fucking the wwe universe and the rock gave him is mental. i say they turn him heel but say something along the lines of . for those who continue to buy my merch and come to cheer me i will always wrestle and be here for you guys. but the the people who have continually booed and judged me then you can all kiss my lady parts ;) ever that or the "office" really need to think how they can freshen him up between now ad mania cos that match is gunna be painful to watch.

overall massive thumbs up to the show

best match: adr vs cm punk cos im a indy mark and was genuinely nice to see him with the belt again.

worst match: big show vs Henry. boring as fuck and best part was seeing the floating elbow because show just floated in the air like summit out of the snowman film

Brilliant PPV. Loved all of it. Even the Diva's match was ok thanks to the Glam Slam from the top rope.

Dolph Ziggler is simply superb. After he no doubt drops the US Title to Ryder, I would love him to feud with CM Punk for the WWE Title. If that match happens at WrestleMania I would be chuffed. The Ziggler/Morrison match was great, after the way Morrison performed, and the length of the match I can't see how he could leave WWE now.

The Womans Match as said above was ok.

Team Barrett V Team Orton was ace. Sin Cara is jinxed, he is destined never to be a success in the WWE. Shame Ziggler lost so quickly, it would have been brilliant for him to have been one of the Survivors of the match. But what an awesome job they are doing with Barrett. He has improved so much in recent months. As has Cody Rhodes. Excellent.

Henry V Big Show was not bad. Shame they allowed the boring chant to happen. That middle bit of the match was crap though. Interesting how they made Big Show destroy the ankle of Henry. Does this mean that Henry will drop the belt now? Seems odd. And was I the only one expecting Bryan to run out and cash in after it happened? Ofcourse this could happen tonight on Raw.

Punk V Del Rio was a brilliant wrestling match. Great to see The Fink at the start. He was really moved bless him. Hopefully Punk will carry the Title for a long time now. And hopefully as I said above, carry it to WrestleMania.

The Main Event was exciting. The only thing I didn't like about it was Cena's facial expressions throughout. It really bugs me how he no sells the hate from the fans. And how he always has a private joke with the TV audience on his way to the ring.

The Rock looked awesome, he actually can still wrestle! I feared he would just hit a couple of moves at the end.

I can't decide which is my PPV of the year at the moment. But I guess if I was put on the spot I would say Money in the Bank would be a tiny bit ahead of Surivor Series.

P.S. I look forward to reading Fin Martin some how hate this PPV next month.

• Paid Members
It really bugs me how he no sells the hate from the fans. And how he always has a private joke with the TV audience on his way to the ring.

Thats the point, obviously. Its a good thing to teach kids. If someones getting on your case, just laugh in their face and dont allow people to get you down. I dont know how people want him to react.

Rock's tapping out at WrestleMania, now though. Cena's letting him get away with so many insults and he's been Rock Bottomed twice. There's only one way the match can go for me.

CM Punk said it on a Sports Illustrated podcast the weekend of the PPV, the complete spoon:

He also questions whether Rock is really the draw people think he is. Talking about the huge WM buyrate, which was largely atrributed to Rock's cameo, Punk said, "Was that due to Rock? Or me and Randy Orton? Or Cena and the Miz?" He also notes that while Survivor Series sold out Madison Square Garden, something that was also attributed to Rock, WWE can always sell out Madison Square Garden.

Punk suggests Rock has gotten an ego since going to Hollywood full time:

"No matter if I like or hate who I'm working with, I say 'hello' to them I just don't appreciate anyone going from limo, to dressing room, to the guerilla, to the ring, and not saying 'hi' to anyone. That's what he does."

He then scathingly says of Johnson: "He lives in a fantasy."

What a goon. In other news:

It humbled me to hear MSG had a chant going for me last night. I love wrestling fans. Thank you.

D'Lo :)

What a fucking cock-end Punk is, Punk is nothing compared to The Rock.

Archived