WWE Survivor Series 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something tells me thats going to play out to complete silence, probably like most of the rest of the card will. The only match that people are going to be into will be the Rock/Cena vs. Awesome-Truth. the WWE title match might get some reaction as its New York, and they can be a smarky crowd at times

Something tells me thats going to play out to complete silence, probably like most of the rest of the card will. The only match that people are going to be into will be the Rock/Cena vs. Awesome-Truth. the WWE title match might get some reaction as its New York, and they can be a smarky crowd at times

I think Punk will get a good pop but the crowd will die off unless the match is a corker. The Rock match will be full of "Cena Sucks" and "Rocky" chants and pretty much nothing else save for a huge pop when the Rock gets the hot tag and does all his trademark moves.

I have a feeling that if they go with Henry/Big Show again then the NY crowd will shit all over it which is a shame for Henry, he's producing the best work of his career and really doesn't deserve it.

• Paid Members

If they go with Henry/Show, they should make it no DQ or falls count anywhere and just have a walkabout where they smash everything up. Heck, that way, even if the crowd shits on it, if goes all over backstage it won't even be noticeable.

The tag match seems more set-in-stone than I was anticipating - I was kind of thinking they'd have Rock um-and-ah about it before expanding it to a SS match. Guess the 5-on-5 will be mostly midcarders, then. I guess with Bourne out you could do Orton/Kofi/Ryan/Ryder/Sheamus vs Rhodes/Barrett/Ziggler/Swagger/Christian, or something like that.

• Paid Members

Why would they shit on it? The New York crowd loves two big dinosaurs going at it. Its what New York based wrestling was built on, especially in MSG. The New York fans will turn on you if they hate you (Shawn Michaels in 1996 for example). They don't hate the Big Show. Who hates the Big Show?

• Paid Members

I don't think they would, I was responding to the guy who mentioned it earlier. Just sort of an "in-case" scenario. But actually, I think a nice walkabout brawl between them would be pretty great anyway.

I'm disappointed that The Rock isn't going to be in a proper Survivor Series match.

Rock, Cena, Triple H, Foley & Sheamus Vs Miz, Truth, Nash, Christian & Ziggler would have been fun.

You think he might of been being his 15 year aniversary since his first appearance

I'm quite looking forward to this event. The 5 on 5 match should deliver and there seems to be a lot more going on in the midcard than ealier this year. AirBoom (even if its just Kofi on the card) have made the tag division a damn sight better than it was a few months ago and added some credibility to the belts by being two popular singles wrestlers who have geled well together. Swagger and Ziggler have been great as Vickie's clients and entertain each week. Christian and Cody Rhodes have had a good year in terms of championship success and involvement on the mic. Zack Ryder is a fresh new proiminent fixture on Raw and Mason Ryan is a new powerhouse that people seem to be getting behind. Stick these guys with Sheamus and Orton and it should be a great match.

CM Punk and Del Rio have had good matches in the past on Raw, even if they were a little short. This is Punk and Del Rio's chance to stand out on what must be arguably the second biggest show of the year and show that they are of main event status.

Rock/Cena vs Miz/Truth will be great to see simply because of The Rock's involvement. It adds a little more interest into their match at Wrestlemania and an uneasy ending between the two at the end would go down a treat. Not a heel turn, but maybe Rocky tagging himself in, hitting a people's elbow and stealing Cena's pin would be a nice way to leave the two guys and the fans eager for their battle next year.

Very Survivor Series-y, I like it, although I would've expected it to be Team Rhodes instead of Team Barrett. I'm enjoying this Wade Barrett push very much.

I'm not the only one that thought Hunico was Chavo Guerrero there, right?

I honestly read the blurb to see when Chavo came back!

But yes, I like the fact that the heel team has 3 potential leaders .. they'll either work well together or the egos will clash. I don't see Swagger as a potential leader, and certainly not Hunichavo.

It's an ideal match to push Mason Ryan though he's against 3 other guys that are in the middle of pushes.

Archived