WWE Survivor Series 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Most of the WWE's PPVs have been great this year, the majority of them are well worth a watch.

Also, I know you're a serial Cena-shitter, Richie, being an utter plonker and all that, but watch Punk v Cena from MITB and Cena v Del Rio from Vengeance and tell me those aren't utterly superb performances.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Also, I know you're a serial Cena-shitter, Richie, being an utter plonker and all that, but watch Punk v Cena from MITB and Cena v Del Rio from Vengeance and tell me those aren't utterly superb performances.

They may well be great matches (I haven

I know WWE have been playing on Cena's negative reactions lately, but the anti-Cena/pro-Rock chants were comparable to One Night Stand. In the case of RVD and ECW, it's fully expected and understandable, but Cena does carry the resentment of Rock leaving and coming back sporadically- it would have really gotten under his skin to take such nuclear heat while the part time movie star steals the spotlight. I think that negativity would throw any wrestler off their game.

And the Rock fucking milked it didn't he?

I couldn

• Paid Members

Fucking hell Richie, have you really not seen Punk/Cena from MITB? Watch the Punk worked-shoot, watch the awesome opening promo for the match and then watch the actual match itself. I know you you might think it's not something for you but I'm certain you'd be wrong. If you love wrestling, there is no way you can go wrong with this match. It's fucking brilliant.

Most of the WWE's PPVs have been great this year, the majority of them are well worth a watch.

Yes, they certainly have. This is the first time since Wrestlemania XX that I can honestly say that I've been a proper WWE fan again. I stopped watching after Mania 20, got bored but obviously kept up to date with the major angles etc (to avoid 'fan rust' when I inevitably would get back into it).

Started watching WWE semi-regularly last summer when the Nexus angle began. I'd say I was back on the habit properly from Jan this year onwards. Royal Rumble was the first PPV I'd stayed up and watched (other than catching bits of the odd free PPV now and then) since One Night Stand- and that was a one-off anyway. I've watched all but 3 PPV's this year (missed Capitol Punishment, SummerSlam & HITC) and watched most of Raw each week, along with parts of Smackdown & NXT. I've really enjoyed WWE this year. Maybe it's because for the first time since 2004 I've invested interest in it, but I think it's been enjoyable. Sure there are a couple of things they could've done better (Punk post-MITB, HHH running the show) but on the whole it's been impressing.

I think it's safe to say I'm once again a WWE fan (and wrestling fan, for that matter) and I'm chuffed to bits about it. Well done WWE for 2011, let's hope 2012 is even better.

Archived