WWE Survivor Series 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
Just your typical "Cena is better than Rock stuff", from what I've read. It isnt really slagging him off, just saying that Cena is better than the Rock. At least he wasnt thick enough to think anyone other than the Rock and/or a Rock and Cena confrontation at WrestleMania had anything to do with that buyrate.

Ahh, I see.

On another point I have no idea what their doing with the WWE Title hot potato shenanigans. Vengeance aside, the belt changed hands at every PPV.

The belt didn't change hands at Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, Wrestlemania, Over The Limit or Capitol Punishment. Or are you talking about since Punk won the belt at MITB? They are throwing it around a lot lately though, aren't they? Plus you have the title 'won' twice on the Raw after MITB. Just crazy.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Just your typical "Cena is better than Rock stuff", from what I've read. It isnt really slagging him off, just saying that Cena is better than the Rock. At least he wasnt thick enough to think anyone other than the Rock and/or a Rock and Cena confrontation at WrestleMania had anything to do with that buyrate.

Ahh, I see.

On another point I have no idea what their doing with the WWE Title hot potato shenanigans. Vengeance aside, the belt changed hands at every PPV.

The belt didn't change hands at Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, Wrestlemania, Over The Limit or Capitol Punishment. Or are you talking about since Punk won the belt at MITB? They are throwing it around a lot lately though, aren't they? Plus you have the title 'won' twice on the Raw after MITB. Just crazy.

Well i think he means punk winning it sunday, Del rio winning it 2 PPVs ago, Cena Winning it the PPV before, Then back to del rio before ,then straight back( on the night he won it) to CM Punk who'd just won a titl unification match in which 2 champions had been crowned a few week previously. So thats lik 7 or 8 different champions from around the time of MITB......sounds like flip flopping to me. Including the other guys its like 9ish different champions this year so far which is a bit much really.

• Paid Members

Ziggler is the man. He's well on his way to being the new heel HBK and I can't wait to see it. Dolph/JoMo was a great match and put on a good enough show that by the time the near falls kicked in at the end the crowd had forgotten about Zack Ryder. But seriously why didn't they just book Ryder/Ziggler for this show? I wish Dolph could have put in a better showing during the SS match but nevermind. All he needs is a better finisher. There's a suprising number of promising prospects on the roster at the moment, booked right and Wade Barrett, Shaemus and Cody Rhodes could be the main eventers for the next generation. Mason Ryan is shit. Poor Sin Cara, you just got to feel bad for the guy at this point.

I personally hated the MSG crowd. Their chanting of boring during Henry/SHow pissed me off. Great match again between the two big men, although the Vengeance match was better. LOVED Punk/Rio. One of my favorite matches of the year, I really really want WWE to get 100% behind Punk, as he is easily the best main event level performer they have and he deserves it. The Rock is boring and shit and he is doing incredible damage to the product. John Cena is just getting silly now, they need to give him some time off to freshen up (and to let Punk grow). Compared to Rock and Punk, his act is stale as fuck.

Also, I would like some continuation of the conspiracy storyline if that's okay.

• Paid Members

I don't see why anyone gives a shit on here or anywhere else about who shakes who's hand backstage and who's complaining about it. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of wrestling and neither should it anyone else's. Punk's a moaning twat, I thought this was well known by now, and Orton's not far behind.

Mind you, if I was The Rock I wouldn't shake Punk's hand either, he's possibly had it up Beth Phoenix.

The event itself was fantastic. Great opener, good to hear the crowd shitting on Morrison because he deserves it because he's a pillock. Ziggler did a great job although following that up by having him job in the 10 man was fucking stupid. I mean, what was the fucking point of that - they could have made him into the night's Superman. Fucking hell.

The Divas match was shit but great finisher. Phoenix is still fucking crap - completely uncomfortable looking in the ring. That Eve looks far better than her is almost as damning an indictment of her as I can give. Pin-Up Mong, more like it.

The 10 man was cracking. Sin Cara will hopefully be fucked off now, completely hopeless twat he is. Quite how he's managed to fuck up so many more times here than he did in Mexico is beyond me. Hunico's new look is basically the same look they give any Latino heel these days and he looked like a knock-off Konnan. He's also shit. Great stuff for Cody to get the biggest support in the match, though, and I'm glad he survived. I still refuse to back Barrett until he SORTS HIS FUCKING HAIR OUT.

Big Show v Mark Henry started too slowly, which was a shame, but picked up well towards the end. The flying elbow was nuts although I couldn't watch. In WWE's defence, they couldn't really have known that Daniel Bryan would get such a huge reaction. If they had known they might well have sent him out in some capacity. They did the right thing either way, he got fucked up a few days beforehand after all. I hope Henry and Big Show get a TLC match now!

Punk v Del Rio was fucking marvellous. I really don't care about Del Rio's weaknesses on the mic because I can forgive him almost anything when he gets in the ring. Punk's matches on PPV all year have been of an incredibly high standard and the finish was tremendous. The celebration was brilliant as well although I bet he gets told off for it. I hope that's it for them both, though, although who does Punk feud with now? Miz and/or Truth? I would have preferred Super Domino or Luke gallows chants to Colt Cabana, though.

Speaking of which, great match to finish. You couldn't have asked for that flawless a level of performance of Rocky before that match - he was fantastic. His promo earlier in the show was shit, though, I just wanted him to fucking shut up. Cena seemed slightly off his game but he always tends to be in tag matches. I felt a bit sorry for him at the end as I don't know what that's meant to achieve. I'm totally on Team Cena.

Another splendid WWE PPV. Good work, chaps.

• Paid Members

Yeah alot of people say Del Rio is boring, and his promos since he moved to Raw...yeah I can agree with that. But in the ring he's fucking world class. He has so much personality and aggression and rarely has a bad match. If only the writers could come up with something decent for him to say. I remember his retirement party for Edge and thought he was great, they need to give him more material like that.

Finally got round to watching this back on TV tonight am about half way through it's a great show so far. The opener was cracking. As much as Morrison has his flaws, he can turn it on and have excellent matches. Dolph Ziggler is the next Shawn Michaels. I used to say that about John Morrison but Ziggler has the full package. This was a really good opener I thought.

The Survivor Series match was the best one they've done in years as well. Feels like it was booked by Patterson. Not that I have any basis for saying that but the finish was just really good as was the series of eliminations.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a decent PPV. Punk/Del Rio was an outstanding match. The traditional Survivor Series was quality too. Rocky seeming better than ever in the main event is great aswell. When watching it I remember thinking "its funny how Rocky can take 7 and a half years out the ring and not show any ring rust, but when Cena had some time off in 2007 and returned in 2008 for the rumble and later on in the year for his second return [survivor Series 08] how fucking rusty he was".

I don't mean to make some Cena hate and I'm sure people will stand against the comment but it was just a thought I had.

Archived