WWE Survivor Series 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

i say they turn him heel but say something along the lines of . for those who continue to buy my merch and come to cheer me i will always wrestle and be here for you guys. but the the people who have continually booed and judged me then you can all kiss my lady parts

That's not a heel turn. It's just Cena doing the same promo he first did nearly six years ago (sometime around WrestleMania 22, anyway).

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really bugs me how he no sells the hate from the fans. And how he always has a private joke with the TV audience on his way to the ring.

Thats the point, obviously. Its a good thing to teach kids. If someones getting on your case, just laugh in their face and dont allow people to get you down. I dont know how people want him to react.

Rock's tapping out at WrestleMania, now though. Cena's letting him get away with so many insults and he's been Rock Bottomed twice. There's only one way the match can go for me.

Could also be a pefect time to pull the trigger on the heel turn if it is ever going to happen for Cena. I understand the merchandise argument, but if it is going to be memorable where would be a better place.

CM Punk said it on a Sports Illustrated podcast the weekend of the PPV, the complete spoon:

He also questions whether Rock is really the draw people think he is. Talking about the huge WM buyrate, which was largely atrributed to Rock's cameo, Punk said, "Was that due to Rock? Or me and Randy Orton? Or Cena and the Miz?" He also notes that while Survivor Series sold out Madison Square Garden, something that was also attributed to Rock, WWE can always sell out Madison Square Garden.

Punk suggests Rock has gotten an ego since going to Hollywood full time:

"No matter if I like or hate who I'm working with, I say 'hello' to them I just don't appreciate anyone going from limo, to dressing room, to the guerilla, to the ring, and not saying 'hi' to anyone. That's what he does."

He then scathingly says of Johnson: "He lives in a fantasy."

What a goon. In other news:

It humbled me to hear MSG had a chant going for me last night. I love wrestling fans. Thank you.

D'Lo :)

What a fucking cock-end Punk is, Punk is nothing compared to The Rock.

He has to be joking though surely. I know he's a very smug person but he can't honestly think that the huge WM buyrate was down to him facing Orton in some throwaway upper mid card match?

He either genuinely believes it which makes him a fucking mentalist or he's just needlessly talking shite. Either way he's fucking stupid.

I decided to stay up and watch this last night. I enjoyed it, I wonder how much it had to do with the audience being so rabid and funny. But I do think there was a mix bag, but I did like it and was glad I stayed up.

Dolph and Morrison had a damn good opener. In credit to Morrison, he put on a fair performance and Ziggler was off the chain awesome. (and may I add cowabunga too) The crowd were great, but I loved Dolph reaction which I'm a little surprised hasn't been mentioned here? When he fist pumped at the start? Anyway the match I thought was very good and Ziggler just looks and feels like a true star. I'd like him to feud with Punk for the WWE title, or win Money in the Bank or something. I think he deserves a title run. Ryder running out at the end was a great touch, can't wait for tonight to here Laurinitus' take on it.

The Divas match I can't remember much about apart from watching the Divas coming out and thinking 'who?' to about half. The Bellas seemed determine to get on the camera by copying Natalya all the time, wonder if that was suppose to happen. The finish was impressive but the match wasn't much cop really.

Rock promo was fun, felt like the Rock had really returned.

The Survivor Series match. This felt really flat. I was thinking about that Austin teams vs. Bischoffs team in 2003 and that was a fucking match. This didn't come close. Dolph getting eliminated early wasn't a good start, Sin Caras botch just seemed, I dunno, blah. A bit like when Scott Putski popped his knee out at Ground Zero. Mason Ryan didn't have that big man feel like before and was glad when Cody pinned him. Kofi's elimination was the best in my mind, a beautiful kick and the Wasteland was great. Bullshit elimination for Sheamus is more of the WWE schtick I could do without. Hunico is so nondescript I was surprised he suddenly appeared and got pinned. But good for Barrett getting a pretty clean pin.

Mark Henry and Big Show sent me to sleep. Literally, after the announcements I don't remember anything until a Worlds Strongest Slam. The match seemed kinda flat at that point and the crowd was chanting boring. The barricade being destroyed was even flat. But that elbow drop, I thought I'd die. The dq ending was crap but the fact Big Show broke Henry's ankle makes me think Kane will return on Smackdown and challenge.

WWE Championship was good. I'm so glad CM Punk won as I convinced myself Dave Otunga would run interference and start a feud with Punk just to kill any creditability left for Punk. Good match with the arm being worked over and some nice exchanges. That cross arm breaker I thought was the finish and it was done to perfection.

The main event was good and bad. The Rock had the crowd in the palm of his hand and looked smooth in the ring. He was looking like the true superstar they wished Cena was. The Miz and R-Truth looked pretty good as well, the problem was the finish was in no dispute. No matter what they did everyone knows Cena and Rock would win. Sad to think this time last year the Miz looked like he was going to be the next top superstar. And about 6 months R Truth was a credible threat. Cena was Cena, same smirking gimp. I loved the chants for Rock 'You still got it' and then for Cena's effort 'You still suck.' And his selling was substandard, and all he had to do was look half dead.

• Paid Members

I take it I'm the only one that likes Hunico? He looks like a cool motherfucker and the way he springboarded at the end was beautiful, he did it with so much ease. It's a shame that Sin Cara is injured, it means Hunico will have nobody to feud with.

I like him too, and actually I thought that he was the better of the Sin Cara's really. The problem is that they've not really invested any time whatsoever in him or his character since he lost the mask. I would be well chuffed if they just ditched his character and pass him off as Sin Cara whilst quietly releasing Mistico

Thing was two weeks ago he was joined by Primo and Epico (?) but the last week they had just vanished. That trio might've been something except 1. noone has any interest in any of them and 2. it feels too much like the Mexican America/LAX to some.

• Paid Members
Thing was two weeks ago he was joined by Primo and Epico (?) but the last week they had just vanished. That trio might've been something except 1. noone has any interest in any of them and 2. it feels too much like the Mexican America/LAX to some.

It's as if they want their own LAX but can't be bothered to build them up, and just assume that everyone will know what they're trying to do due to LAX, LWO, MexiCools etc.

Great show. Will add more later in the week... maybe. Crowd and Garden was just as good as Cleetus, etc. predicted earlier and Rock's performance surpassed my expectations. He looked sharp out there it reminded me of the end of his run when he would just turn up and then outperform everyone with the way he carried himself like a star. Looks like the old talking point about him getting better the less he needed wrestling still rings true.

The highlight for me was Big Show's elbow drop and subsequent chant. One of the better Randy Savage tributes all year since I was a fan of the few matches they had together in WCW and you knew that was what Show was thinking. Credit to Henry for lying there so calmly to take it, I can't imagine many wrestlers lining up for that spot. Those two have crazily good chemistry together and that's the third PPV match between them I've loved. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with for Part #4 if there is one.

Mark Henry used to hang around with D'Lo back when people liked wrestling.

True, plus D-Lo was pretty popular back then as well and I think a lot of those casual fans liked the guy back in that Austin part of the boom period. Probably different for guys who only got into it in 2000.

I don't blame them. If I hadn't watched wrestling since then, apart from WrestleManias and maybe the odd Royal Rumble/SNME/big Raw in the run-up to Mania, I think he'd be one of the guys I'd remember as well. He's not The Rock, Foley or Stone Cold but he did have good following around that time.

Mark Henry used to hang around with D'Lo back when people liked wrestling.

Pretty much this

Now now Ian, don't be so modest, it's clearly because of your Top 50

That as well.

Archived