WWE Survivor Series 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that'll do. Decent show but fuck all of note really. That ending was fucking awful. I think ill tune in again around Wrestlemania.

Decent enough show to be fair, but as far as storyline progression and stuff goes fuck it. Looks like its concentratiom on TNA as we go forward.

• Paid Members

Pretty decent ppv. Very good opener, Henry/show was fine (loved the big show going to the top spot), survivor series match was good apart from the lull after sin cara's latest botch, del rio vs punk was very good and The Rock eased back into competition like he's never been away in the main event. Divas match was shit, but I was expecting nothing less.

A great audience can turn an average event into a great one and this was clearly the case last night.

The Good: Ziggler, supported by a rabid MSG, put on the performance of a lifetime. Someone finally brought Cody Rhodes a pair of knee pads. Barrett pinned Orton relatively cleanly. Sin Cara's botchulism flaring up again resulting in him injuring himself. Howard Finkel's appearance telegraphed the finished to Punk/Alboreto, but Del Rio's fucking shit anyway so it's okay. The Henry/Show demolition derby was fun. MSG giving Cena the best heel heat of the show. But I guess the real story was The Rock seemingly in the best shape of his life, Rocky is so far above anyone else in wrestling today it's just ridiculous, he could have phoned it in but instead he put on a fantastic performance which says so much about his character and how much he obviously loves wrestling.

The Bad: Hunico is the new Chavo Guerrero. Divazzz continuing to bore everyone to tears. The audience wanting Ryder and not getting him, would it have killed them to let Ryder sub for the injured Sin Cara? The audience wanting Daniel Bryan and not getting him, a perfect opportunity to rebuild Bryan wasted. Booker inadvertently summing the main event up perfectly when he said "This isn't about Miz or Truth, this is about Rock and Cena", Miz and Truth came into and left SS looking like total chumps, any momentum Awesome Truth had gained over the past few months is dead now.

Totally agree with Vito on Ziggler. Apart from how good The Rock was, he was the best thing about that PPV. His cockyness, ability and star quality is on another level to most people in the WWE right now. I sat watching him at RAW live in Liverpool mesmerised by his confidence in the ring and his mannerisms. It was so fun to watch someone knowing just how they are. Great to see him getting mic time too cause anyone who follows him on Twitter knows how funny and quick witted he is.

2012 NEEDS to be Dolph's year. WWE need to push him to the moon and put one of the main titles on him. I'm 100% a Dolphan!

• Paid Members
Howard Finkel's appearance telegraphed the finished to Punk/Alboreto

How exactly?

The audience wanting Ryder and not getting him, would it have killed them to let Ryder sub for the injured Sin Cara?

Of course it would've, if the Sin Cara injury was unplanned-which seemed that way. Throwing Ryder into it would've fucked the match up. They'd have planned all their spots already and already had to adjust for Cara's injury. He probably wouldve been eliminated next, so how on earth could you throw Ryder in there on the fly?

Booker inadvertently summing the main event up perfectly when he said "This isn't about Miz or Truth, this is about Rock and Cena", Miz and Truth came into and left SS looking like total chumps, any momentum Awesome Truth had gained over the past few months is dead now.

How has it made them look like chumps? They just lost to two of the biggest stars in wrestling history on ppv in the main event. If anything the exposure at that level plus rubbing shoulders with The Rock will only serve them well. They were supposed to be an afterthought last night. It was, understandably, all about building the main event for their biggest show. They're lucky to be in that position. Seriously, how would YOU have booked it? Awesome Truth going over? Come on.

I've just switched on sky box office's 12pm replay of the event and it appears it may have started earlier than advertised as I am getting Del Rio vs Punk at the moment, without any spoilers could somebody let me know which bouts have already occured prior to this so that I know how far into the event I am. Cheers!

I've just switched on sky box office's 12pm replay of the event and it appears it may have started earlier than advertised as I am getting Del Rio vs Punk at the moment, without any spoilers could somebody let me know which bouts have already occured prior to this so that I know how far into the event I am. Cheers!

Everything except Rocky/Cena

Loved it, every second of it (well, the Divas never count). It was truly magical, a show that I'll happily enjoy watching for years to come. The crowd were unbelievable, they helped make the show even better than it would have still been with a typical 2011 WWE crowd. The Rock looked amazing for someone who hadn't wrestled in so long, and he showed Cena how it's done. Other highlights for me included Punk's title win with The Fink making it really special, the incredible support for Zack Ryder, Henry and Show being fun, as well as the huge chant of "Sexual Chocolate". Cody Rhodes seemed much more easy to watch because the crowd were making some noise for him for once as well. That was the best Survivor Series since 2002 by a long way, and for me it was up there with Money In The Bank as being a serious contender for PPV of the year. Kudos to everyone involved.

Survivor Series was the first PPV Iv purchased since WrestleMania and the only reason I decided to stay up and watch because I wanted to see the return of the Rock, which was everything I thought it would be for the first 5mins then after that it became just another match I was fighting to stay awake to watch. John Cena is cringe worthy, how does he possibly take himself serious and it takes a strong person to stand in MSG in front of 15.000 people and be booed and heckled the way he was.

I think the WWE is in a sorry state of affairs when they are having to rely on the likes of the Rock, Triple H, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley and others to boost their ratings, it goes to show how little the faith they have in the young WWE superstars. These guys arent getting any younger and there has to be a time when the torch is passed fully and the stars of yester-year step aside and let the younger superstars i.e. Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett etc take the ball, which I think is going to be a downward spiral for WWE as none of them seem to have any personality, generic good-guy, generic bad-guy which gets stale and boring. Theres only so many spots you can do in the ring until it gets boring and there's no star quality in any of them with exception of perhaps Ziggler but he can't possibly take the weight of the WWE alone when yesterdays stars are to old and broken down or off making a movie somewere.

I found the PPV boring, the opening match between Dolph and Morrison felt like it was just going threw the motions of a match they could of had on Raw, 2 generic superstars doing nothing apart from trading spots up till the finish that was totally anti-climatic.

the traditional 5 on 5 match was terrible and the timing was pretty rotten, Randy Orton (the only one in the match with some depth and personality) looked bored to tears, he deserved a better spot on the card instead of being thrown into a match with mid-card fodder. It was bland and rushed, very little in the way of chemistry again it just seemed to be a bunch of spots thrown together.

Archived