WWE Survivor Series 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Of course, this could be Vince fucking with him again. Like when they had Raw in his hometown and didn't bother having him on Raw, despite having him on for the couple of weeks before and hinting he would be on it. Seeing as JR is no selling these days, he needs his kicks somehow.

You know that is something i noticed, JR looks as if he just doesn't give a shit. I think Michael Cole plays a good heel but it all just comes across as cruel. There's nothing theatrical or pantomime about it, it's just someone with constant insults to someone who just doesn't do anything or even say anything back. Why even have the storyline feud with Michael and Jim? Doesn't add anything to the show especially when one guy as you said just doesn't sell anything. I do feel sorry for Jim Ross but at the same time he continues to suck up to WWE on Twitter and his blog and i can't get my head round the idea that someone would stay in a company like that when they're clearly not wanted, they get humiliated regularly and they don't even try and add anything to the show when they do get a chance to be on it. Even when JR has been on commentary lately, he's a shell of the man he used to be, there's no emotion or excitement at all. He's better than everyone else sure but that isn't saying much anyway. I know a lot of that is down to WWE and the fact that very little they do now triggers an emotional response but i just don't get it with Jim. You feel sorry for him then you think well, he still goes back and when he is back he never makes any real effort anyway. And if Vince wants to screw Zack around on Sunday then that should be a big lesson to the locker room. No one finds these things funny apart from Vince. He's hurting his own company. I really do hope John Cena comes down with a major injury one day. I'd love to see what WWE does and i'm hoping they drag the Undertaker back and Triple H and see how they get on. Everything that is wrong in WWE now gets traced back to Vince and if i was a young up and comer trying to make a name for myself and i saw how he treated Zack Ryder even though he's one of the most over people in the company and all the other blunders and mistakes Vince makes on a weekly basis, i'd be worried. I'd be worried for the day when i got myself over, I'd be thinking is this guy gonna push me further or is he gonna try and embaress me and pull the rug out from under me, is he gonna give me a fair chance.

They say in WWE everyone has to take their oppertunities. I say it doesn't matter what you do or how talented you are there will always be someone there to try and hinder you and put you down. It's just a shame that the worst offender is the guy running the company and that to me doesn't set a very good example. Then again a lot of them are in their 30's now, they know there wont be a wrestling boom anytime soon and they will just wanna make enough money while they can and get out so no need to make any effort. Just recycle the same match week in and week out, collect the paycheque and move on. I don't even think guys like John Cena and Randy Orton will be at the top of the rosters by the next wrestling boom. I think the next wrestling boom is gonna skip an entire generation. I think it's guys like Ziggler and Morrison that are gonna be the faces of WWE. The people that watch WWE now are kids and people that just keep clinging on from the Attitude Era. I think the next wrestling boom is gonna draw in brand new fans, give them a whole new audience and that will come about when things get even worse for WWE and they realise they need to change their business model from the ground up. Right now their format is 15 years out of date. It's predictable, it's stale, it's insulting, it's bland and the reason i think guys like Cena and Orton will not be there is because WWE is too ignorant. They don't heed the warning signs, they will work them into the ground, they will work John Cena to the point where he will get injured, they will have him work every day they can and they will rely on him and rely on Orton just like they did with other stars for so many years and they will push and push and push until the people they are pushing can't take it no more. They got all the talent in the world and not a clue how to use it.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The small set was great at MSG, Certainly unique and great for nostalgia.

I certainly wouldn't let that influence my decision on buying the show though, that's just, erm, weird.

Not decided if i will order yet or not, the card looks ok but not spectacular, i guess it's all about The Rock/Cena

If a Nash/HHH match had been on the card, that probably would have just swayed me enough to part with

I dont care what happens at Survivor Series, as long as they have the narrow aisle way entrances and not a big set.

MSG recently got renovated and they removed the aisle entrances, so it will be a big set.

This has made me sad. I LOVED the small set.

I feel the same way. Real fucking shame.

That's just part of the TV show. It's like when they announce the attendance figures for Wrestlemania or even the weight of the wrestlers as they walk to the ring, it's always exaggerated, never the real number. Of course you can get tickets for Survior Series.

It may not be so bad though. Looking at the seating layout on ticketmaster.com for the event there is seating behind the stage.

Ticketmaster page for Survivor Series

Edit - I thought this event sold out? Ticketmaster has seats available :/

It has sold out and I just tried to search for tickets on there and none showed up? They usually release some more close to the event when they have finalized the stage/ring position, so you may have found one of them.

That's just part of the TV show. It's like when they announce the attendance figures for Wrestlemania or even the weight of the wrestlers as they walk to the ring, it's always exaggerated, never the real number. Of course you can get tickets for Survior Series.

They never say an event has sold out before it has actually taken place, that would be stupid as then no-one would look for tickets anymore as they believe it is sold out.

They do make up it was sold out during the event even if it's not, but this show is a legitimate sell out.

I think the show will be entertaining enough, but can't see anything major going down. Though i do expect Brodus Clay to cost Punk the title and allign with Lauranitus. It all seems to be leading that way with his 'delayed' debuts and stuff.

Survivor Series is a pretty big PPV me personally, I've never felt so dissulusioned with WWE than I have now, they've took the return of my favourite superstar ever and ruined it to the point that his first match back means absolutely nothing. Seriously, I was anticipating Truth/Cena at Capitol Punishment more than I am this, and it's all down to how it's been booked.

In contrast im enjoying TNA more than I ever have, and am already anticipating their next PPV main event more than this entire show. I feel if WWE doesnt hit a home run for me personally on this show, I'll be done. I don't really see what can be done though to be honest, WWE is just boring at the moment, no heel other than mark Henry means anything, if a heel manages to win, you can guarantee the face wil get his win back and then 10 more wins.

I don't know if its to do with PG that no heel can ever look strong, but it's ruining the product, Kevin Nash and Mark Henry are the only heels you think can win against/beat up the top faces. Every other heel means fuck all and WWE is obsessed with creating happy endings. Which is ironic because a happy ending can have a lot more impact if in the months leading to it there has been several unhappy endings. They can just never let heels get over. Ziggler is starting to, but you can already see Zack Ryder embarrasing him and probably beating him a few times, Morrison and Mason Ryan have both beat him easily lately, and he's starting to look like another pussy heel in the ring at least.

Anyway sorry to go off topic, but im going to order this show, and hope it gets me back into things. I've watched WWE all my life and don't really want to stop watching it, but it's just completely turning me off.

• Paid Members

I'm glad we were told the news now. I probably would have dropkicked the cat out of the window if I found it out when I was watching the event.

It's a weird event though. I am in no way bothered about this show. Madness considering how I felt when they first released the poster. The one match I'm looking forward to most is Show v Henry, their last bout was great.

Archived