GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Low res? Really? It's your area of expertise so you're a better judge but the graphics look amazing to me. Hopefully others like me might not even notice.

The graphics from the trailer will be maxed out PC settings I assume. The 360 and PS3 will be running it at 720p, like GTA IV was. I never realised GTA IV was in 720p until the other day.

It's mad they can fit all of this onto the 360 and PS3? Does it have to be installed onto the hard drive?

Low res? Really? It's your area of expertise so you're a better judge but the graphics look amazing to me. Hopefully others like me might not even notice.

The graphics from the trailer will be maxed out PC settings I assume. The 360 and PS3 will be running it at 720p, like GTA IV was. I never realised GTA IV was in 720p until the other day.

It's mad they can fit all of this onto the 360 and PS3? Does it have to be installed onto the hard drive?

Both consoles have an 8gb mandatory install. PS3 is one blu-ray, 360 comes on 2 DVDs.

It doesn't really matter what resolution the console is outputting as much as how hi resolution the assets are that are loaded into memory. The trailers look fab, as pre-rendered should, but some of the gameplay footage is a little blocky in comparison to other stuff out there. Of course, that's because they're coping with pulling in large amounts of textures for an open-world game. Even so, if you compare it to, say, NFS Most Wanted it's not as shiny.

But as I say, that really doesn't matter, it's the gameplay that matters.

I wonder how firmly the barrier between the open world and the minigames will be in online? I like to imagine you'll be able to play tennis with someone and then shoot them if you are losing.

Nah. From the interview with Benzies:

I should mention that, when you play those sports games, you won't be terrorised by jet fighters when you play tennis. In the sense that, you can enjoy a game of tennis in your online world without people spoiling things for you.