GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Just a thought as I was watching the trailer again for the 3rd time. The birdseye view it shows at the top of the mountain, as mentioned, shows a hut or cabin of some sort (see picture 1).

Picture 1

GTA_zps8cbfebb6.jpg

Later on in the trailer where it zooms into what Trevor is doing and he's in the middle of a police chase, during one of the clips it shows a mountain in the background and you can clearly see the hut at the top of this mountain (see picture 2). However, to the right you can see the start of what looks like another mountain. And it's pretty steep too.

Picture 2

GTA2_zps5d72f0d4.jpg

What if the birdseye view we see at the top of the mountain isn't Mount Chilliad but another smaller mountain and the start of the one on the right is in fact Mount Chilliad, taller than the one shown? The lady doing the commentary did say "mountains to climb". Mountains. Plural.

I'm probably way off, but it's just like R* to not show all of there cards.

I have another theory about something else but I'll let you guys chew on this one for a bit.

Edited by Steve Justice

• Paid Members
Stop it Steve. You will break Devon if you suggest that Mount Chilliad is even bigger and steeper than originally suspected.

I know, fucking hell, it wasn't me who signed van Persie :(

No, but you've done enough t rub it in over the last 12 months Cunt. :p;)

Theory number 2.

I think there may be a 4th playable character. Look at the bottom right of this picture. It shows the 3 characters, but at the bottom it says 83 days and a silhouette of someones head. Could 83 days mean that another character will be available in 83 days? Someone in prison perhaps?

GTA3_zpsaf9808ba.jpg

I know it has been confirmed that you can enrole other people to your team, and it maybe that the 4th silhouette is just another person you can choose to play as in your team that you get to pick at the start of a mission. But why 83 days? I know days go by quicker in the GTA world, but that's just shy of 3 months. That could still take a while to get through.

• Paid Members

Ok, well now Steve has brought it up it's been bugging me. So it's my turn to have an Andy Grey circa-1995 analysis of the mountain screenshot:

brainscan2.jpg

Ok, firstly, I've outlined the steepness of the mountain on the left-hand side. Let's call this Chilliad Jr. As you can see, the steepness is not to severe, and it looks as though you could easily walk up it. So at this point I'm not worried about a repeat of San Andreas at this point. Until you look at the second mountain...

brainscan3.jpg

Christ, that's pretty bloody steep mountain- we'll call this one Chilliad Sr. There are mountains in Skyrim that are less steep than this that you can't even scale, even if you try the zig-zag technique. There's no way you could use a bike to get up there! Unless...

brainscan4.jpg

...you have to ride through the valley as shown above first. Then you may have to go behind Chilliad Sr in order to scale it. We can't see beyond it, so we don't know the trajectory from that angle. It could be a LOT more manageable, however it would take a long longer to climb. Therefore this could end up being a long-arse bastard mission, like the endurance tests in Gran Turismo (which I never even attempted). And if you do need to ride through the valley, you can already see the start of the path in the image, and I have circled a potential starting point with an arrow to indicate where you would need to enter the race- please see below:

brainscan5.jpg

So there you have it. This mission might be an even bigger bastard than the one in San Andreas. It could be excruciatingly hard, like my Brain Scan drawings depict. A right cock of a mission.

brainscan6.jpg

• Paid Members

:laugh: Superbly done.

There's obviously going to be stuff to do up there. It probably won't be races or anything but possibly some kind of school or side mission? There are at least two tracks on the top of the mountain, looking at the above shot, plus they're not going to make something that big and leave nothing to do up there.

I'd like them to use the beaches better in this one. They weren't really used all that much in San Andreas.

Fantastic effort there Punk.

I saw some people mentioned on another forum that the 4th person slot was for your online character? Suppose that wouldn't explain the 83 days bit

I thought that too. It would be cool to have your online character as a 4th member of the team. But how would his/her voice work during cutscenes though? Unless you select a voice when you create them ala Saints Row.

• Paid Members

Yeah the beaches have been completely wasted in previous games. I'm sure they were used to better effect in Vice City, though off the top of my head I can't remember any specific missions. You did at least have that buggy/crossbike track on the beach, which is more than you had in San Andreas.

• Paid Members
Yeah the beaches have been completely wasted in previous games. I'm sure they were used to better effect in Vice City, though off the top of my head I can't remember any specific missions. You did at least have that buggy/crossbike track on the beach, which is more than you had in San Andreas.

In Vice City they weren't used much either except if you did the paramedic missions on the first island as there would always be loads of victims on the beach. There was that irritating RC cars race as well and a few hidden packages and that was it.

On San Andreas there was that dancing thing where you had to steal a radio or something and a couple of gang tags but that was it.