GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Which reminds me, were they the longest end credits in history or what?! I completed the game around 1am on a weeknight and wanted to go to bed, but was afraid I might miss something. I think after 20 mins I gave up and pressed start.

I finished the main story, decided to do the Lester missions in order to make my billions and then realised I was just sitting there pressing the x button millions of times. It's sucked me right out of it. Greed is always ruin.

If you're talking about pressing the X button to buy shares on the stock market, you can just hold the button down which eventually makes the amount of shares you want to buy go up by increments of 1000+

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm sure nobody cares, but...

I'm about 60% through the story now, and I understand the main story is done around 75% (I doubt I'll be trying to 100% completion.)

I've been online only once or twice since I got the game, trying to avoid it until I completed the story, but also because I've heard so much shit about it. How is it now? A mate told me the other day everyone and their mother has a tank now, that can't be fun?

When you're doing online missions, races, deathmatches etc to get ranked up, it doesn't matter what somebody has or doesn't have. That only applies if you join a free session with randoms who go about the map just killing each other over and over. I don't do that because it's boring. You can set up a free session with just people you know (or even yourself), and have fun that way, and it's obviously more fun with mates than strangers anyway. But there's a great amount of races etc to do that are definitely worth getting involved in.

• Paid Members

Yeah, online seems much better since the recent maintenance. I've not seen many people above rank 100 and the billion dollar bounties have disappeared too. As for Tanks, I wouldn't say it's that bad. They do pop up in most lobbies, but it's not that difficult to get away from them. Definitely don't make that a reason not to play online. It's just too much fun.

• Moderators

Online's a nightmare for me to get into now. If anyone remembers the faulty disc issue I had from day one, it seems way worse since the last update. It takes about 20 minutes to luck into loading the game without freezing, and before, once I got it to load, it always played fine. Post-update though, it's started to give the 'the disc is unreadable' error mid game, and hard crash straight out of races/deathmatches, which only has to happen a couple of times to invoke sinking paranoia every time you play and suck the fun right out of it, if you can get it to load in the first place.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

I don't know if this has already been posted but for anyone that gives a shit, if you click the link below it gives you an example of a cool little user designed game you can host among friends. It will have shit loads of jets, cargo planes, alien cars, a UFO in some cases etc etc.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/...Fy0WVIZBmRB2D6Q

Once you've clicked the link, scroll down, click add to game. You can then go online, click jobs, host a job then go to something like favourite jobs or what ever it says. And you should have the downloaded mission there.

Enjoy