UFC 137: 'Penn vs Diaz' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I like Melvin but he had that coming. When will he learn? I really thought he'd grown up a bit, since Joe Stevenson showed him up in about 30 seconds he was steadily improving, he lost the odd fight after that but he seemed to improve with each fight. And the recent run he was on was the most impressive of his career. He obviously let the hype go to his head.

Pro's pick Penn vs Diaz. Predictions from Bonnar, Wand, Tyson Griffin, Gamburyan

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

roynelsondwarven_large.jpg

wow! Nelson really has lost weight! i honestly didn't expect him to slim down, he's kinda been blaming the last loss on the illness he had and was fobbing off the talk about his weight. I guess Nelson was pulling a fast one and was actually focussed on losing the weight. He's probably earned himself another fight in the UFC even if he loses now.

roynelsondwarven_large.jpg

wow! Nelson really has lost weight! i honestly didn't expect him to slim down, he's kinda been blaming the last loss on the illness he had and was fobbing off the talk about his weight. I guess Nelson was pulling a fast one and was actually focussed on losing the weight. He's probably earned himself another fight in the UFC even if he loses now.

If he had a full clean shave he could easily get into middleweight.

Are we getting Countdown on ESPN? I can't see it in the listings.

yea bro you have missed tonights 10.15pm showing. however its repeated Saturday morning at 3.15am and again before the actual event on sunday morning. Its only half an hour tho probably due to the condit/gsp fight being canned.

• Paid Members
Are we getting Countdown on ESPN? I can't see it in the listings.

yea bro you have missed tonights 10.15pm showing. however its repeated Saturday morning at 3.15am and again before the actual event on sunday morning. Its only half an hour tho probably due to the condit/gsp fight being canned.

I see it now. Thanks.

so what does everyone think that Nelson will weigh in at? 235 is my bet.

245 I'll say, I think that picture was alittle deceiving with the black shirt.

There's these two i've seen doing the rounds as well...

29409010150433720041276.jpg

x28e79df3_medium.jpg

Yeah those look alittle better.

I wasn't denying he had lost weight, I just thought it might have been a dark t-shirt/holding in deal going on there. :laugh:

He's definitely lost alot of weigh but I still think 240-245 seems about right as he was still having to cut a little bit of weight for his previous few fights.

• Paid Members

Diaz talks in depth to Ariel Helwani

wow, probably the most open interview ive ever seen Diaz give. He's basically smashed all the pre-concieved notion people had of him over the past couple of months. Diaz has always pretty much been seen as a thug that loves to fight, the bluntness in interviews always kind of exemplified that, but seeing Diaz open up and really talk he comes across as the polar opposite. I kind of feel sorry for him, it's like he's involved in something that completely terrifies him.

Archived