UFC 137: 'Penn vs Diaz' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Diaz/Penn was a great fight, it's one of my favourite fights this year. Credit to Penn for taking that beating especially in the second round.

I've liked Donald Cerrone from his days in the WEC so it's great to see him doing well in the UFC. Cerrone could be one or two wins away from a UFC Lightweight Championship shot.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Diaz and his boys are total bellends. 'Georges St-Pierre; call that motherfucker out' and 'Where you at, Georges? Where you at' are two of the most ridiculous things ever. How can you claim he's scared when you're the one who was too afraid to leave the house and go to a press conference with the guy? Diaz is an autistic waste of space with pillow fists; looking forward to seeing GSP dismantle him. Be scared, homme.

Has Mirko retired too? His entire run with the UFC has been both sad to see and retroactively depressing. He fights the same way now as he ever did and it really makes you wonder if he was ever good. I read an article somewhere that pointed out that in PRIDE, he was always viewed as massively intimidating and used that to boss the ring. Then he comes to UFC, Gabriel Gonzaga of all people doesn't buy into it and he's lost his biggest tactical advantage from the on. He doesn't jab, he doesn't combo, he doesn't really do anything besides look for the big shot and it's backfired immensely.

Shame to see Siver tapped out but Cerrone has been fantastic and this seems like one of those fights that can only lead to good things. Cerrone is going to move forward in the division and Siver is hopefully going to go and focus on his submissions and his grappling and come back as an even more bad ass mother.

Nick Diaz and his boys are total bellends. 'Georges St-Pierre; call that motherfucker out' and 'Where you at, Georges? Where you at' are two of the most ridiculous things ever. How can you claim he's scared when you're the one who was too afraid to leave the house and go to a press conference with the guy? Diaz is an autistic waste of space with pillow fists; looking forward to seeing GSP dismantle him. Be scared, homme.

He was trying to get a fight. I don't believe for a minute that what he said is what he truly believes. He said in the press conference that he respects GSP and has no problem with him personally and he had to say these things in order to get the fight. Had he not said any of those things and pissed off GSP then we would still be getting GSP vs Condit.

• Paid Members

Here we go again :D

Seriously though, he has some great hands. Bit mental to say that after what he did to Penn's face and body. Quite recently, Paul Daley says hi too.

• Paid Members

Did anyone else notice Cro Cop backstage at the end of the PPV? He was twitching a lot, I've seen him do it before but not so much as last night. Bit worrying.

Oh and Greg Jackson's "Go get some Donald Cer-ron-eeeee" was class :laugh:

• Paid Members
I'm not sure John Galt can talk sense in amongst all of the foaming at the mouth he's doing.

:D Diaz has 'pillow hands'. The man who KO'd Robbie Lawler, Paul Daley, Zaromskis and battered BJ Penn into retirement has 'pillow hands'. I dunno what pillows he's sleeping on but I'm glad mine's not like that. BJ's face looked like raw mince last night.

Did anyone else notice Cro Cop backstage at the end of the PPV? He was twitching a lot, I've seen him do it before but not so much as last night. Bit worrying.

Oh and Greg Jackson's "Go get some Donald Cer-ron-eeeee" was class :laugh:

Yeah I noticed that with Cro Cop too, hopefully it was just the adrenaline wearing off and not something that needs checking.

:laugh: Yeah that was brilliant, probably the only time I've liked Greg Jackson!

GSP vs Diaz?

Yes please.

Frankie Edgar may have outstrook BJ Penn, but no one has ever destroyed BJ on the feet like Diaz did last night. Round 2 was a complete slaughter. Diaz proved he is in the elite last night.

With BJ Penn who I am a massive fan of, and Cro Cop both seemingly retiring, last night was a lot to digest.

GSP vs Diaz?

Yes please.

Frankie Edgar may have outstrook BJ Penn, but no one has ever destroyed BJ on the feet like Diaz did last night. Round 2 was a complete slaughter. Diaz proved he is in the elite last night.

Yes, Diaz did destroy Penn, but I seem to remember GSP doing a similar thing to Penn himself.

The main reason I think GSP will slaughter Diaz is simple. The Diaz brothers weakness has always been good to great wrestlers (thats why Diaz has been kept away from elite level wrestlers during his recent streak". GSP will take him down at will and put a beating on poor little "I can't afford to buy a house" Diaz!!

GSP vs Diaz?

Yes please.

Yes, Diaz did destroy Penn, but I seem to remember GSP doing a similar thing to Penn himself.

The main reason I think GSP will slaughter Diaz is simple. The Diaz brothers weakness has always been good to great wrestlers (thats why Diaz has been kept away from elite level wrestlers during his recent streak". GSP will take him down at will and put a beating on poor little "I can't afford to buy a house" Diaz!!

GSP destoyed BJ on the ground not the feet.

GSP from what I remember did outstrike BJ second time round, but I would not say he destoyed him in the stand up as the vast majority of that fight was spent on the ground.

Here we go again :D

Seriously though, he has some great hands. Bit mental to say that after what he did to Penn's face and body. Quite recently, Paul Daley says hi too.

I'm glad no one here has any sense of hyperbole. Having BJ on the ropes like he was an being unable to finish him - unable to even knock him down - made him look far worse than he was against Semtex et al. He's vicious but unfocused and hanging round with the gang of cunts he has as cornermen is doing him no favours.

Archived