UKFF Fantasy Booking Cup

Fatty Facesitter

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Finding myself mostly agreeing with the judging panel, though I would probably have gone for Jesster over NEWM that time (sorry NEWM). On a side note, my iPad autocorrects 'NEWM' to NEWMAN. I think it must be a Seinfeld fan.

Anyway, the point of this post was to say how much I LOVED this WWF Magazine cover when it came out in '02. Just radiates 'megastars'.

tumblr_lkhtj5tu9x1qzx70zo1_500.jpg

Should that Invasion challenge be right - the contestants have to book it up to Survivor Series 2002? The original invasion only lasted to SS 2001. Even still, that's much more of a difficult task than, for example, just booking January to April for Scott Steiner.

Scott Steiner, Royal Rumble to WrestleMania: About 10 Raws and a couple of PPVs.

Invasion, March 2001 to November 2002: About 90 Raws, 90 Smackdowns and 20 PPVs.

It is a bit different, yeah.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I only meant till '01 for Survivor Series as that's obviously when the real angle ended. My booboo.

I don't for the life of me expect every Raw and Smackdown and PPV's to be covered in the Invasion re-do, natch, but it's still something folk can get creative with and put some great stuff out for. Maybe it'll be done in brief monthly breakdowns as opposed to episodic stylee. The Steiner stuff, just because the time period is shorter doesn't mean you get any less creative there.

They're as difficult as people make them, at the end of the day. With some of the first round stuff, we had a mixture between booking entire tournaments and four month Road to Wrestlemania's and it worked out swimmingly then. Also, I keep stressing it's quality over quantity. If someone fills up 1000 words talking about the invasion which crams in a single, barely-descriptive line about every single TV show and PPV up to that point compared to someone who described the general goings on up to a PPV, then chances are the latter will get picked.

Delia has spoken.

Ah that's disappointing, this was great fun. Can't say I didn't expect it though, I had no clue what to do for mine and stunstone had a good little scenario going, well done!

I'd quite happily get involved in another one of these.

I'll extend the deadline to Sunday, for those asking. Apologies to those who probably rushed to get their's in at the last minute, but at least you can look forward to your weekends now ;)

Yeah, I did that last time. This time think I'll be making the most of any extensions I can get. ;)

Very happy with my scenario. My memory is cack so I'd always struggle rebooking storylines from years back. I'll have a think about it this evening over drinks with the missus...well it beats listening to her talk about her day at work!

Yeah, there's definitely more freedom in this one. I know what you mean and I found the TNA one hardest so far since I hadn't actually watched the promotion in over a year and don't even read any newsletters/magazines atm - which is how I'd always kept up to date on stuff I didn't watch like US Indies, etc. in years past - but it was also really interesting for me to do for that very reason and now that I got to catch up on all the events leading up to BFG I might keep following them again.

More importantly than all that I've been enjoying reading other people's work. So looking forward to reading what you come up with as I'm sure it will be totally different to mine. Just hoping we don't choose the same people, which was the only thing I was initially worried about on this one and so started thinking up more and more names. I have about six or seven ideas for it now.

Yeah, there's definitely more freedom in this one. I know what you mean and I found the TNA one hardest so far since I hadn't actually watched the promotion in over a year and don't even read any newsletters/magazines atm - which is how I'd always kept up to date on stuff I didn't watch like US Indies, etc. in years past - but it was also really interesting for me to do for that very reason and now that I got to catch up on all the events leading up to BFG I might keep following them again.

More importantly than all that I've been enjoying reading other people's work. So looking forward to reading what you come up with as I'm sure it will be totally different to mine. Just hoping we don't choose the same people, which was the only thing I was initially worried about on this one and so started thinking up more and more names. I have about six or seven ideas for it now.

Good on ya mate!

So far I've not had a chance to have a think. I've had a big deadline at work today so been focussing on getting all that sorted so hopefully should be able to have a think about this over the next few days. Very happy with the extension deadline as I've a feeling this one may be harder than I initially thought.

Yeah, I was also worried about picking the same two wrestlers. I'm probably going for two less obvious guys so I've just got to come up with a couple who'll fit this the best.

There's no way I'm gonna have anything in for Sunday. I've been so busy this week as my colleague is off ill and I've had shitloads of deadlines to meet. I haven't been able to devote anytime to this although I do have an idea. I'm out tomorrow night and most of Sunday and Monday so it'd be midweek next week before I can commit anything to paper.

• Paid Members

I'm happy to extend the deadline, assuming people are still up for this. Would be a shame to see this die on its arse now really, although I do have something else in the pipeline coming up which I can always bring forward just in case.

Of the rest of the quarter finalists, what's your situation, reckon you'll be able to get stuff in soon or are people too busy at the moment? I appreciate it's a difficult time of year now and most people on here are working their tits off, and I won't be offended if people decide to call this a day, though a PM with a link to any Delia Smith nude photographs would be welcomed to soften the emotional heart ache.

Archived