Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've sat through heaps of vintage porn from the 70s and early 80s, often despite how terrible the sex scenes are. To me it's like watching exploitation and cheap horror films — some are great despite their limitations, some are great because of them, some are just amusingly bad/stupid, and some are unwatchable.

Do you read Cinema Sewer? I think you'd dig it.
  • Paid Members
Posted

I've got five of the collections so far, and Bougie's book of porno movie posters, too. I don't know if there are more collections, I've been getting them as Christmas/birthday gifts for a few years.

 

If anyone is interested in the 70s/80s (and sometimes earlier) eras of soft and hardcore porn, I can recommend The Rialto Report — excellent podcast and website.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Sergio Mendacious is talking my language here, its almost worthy of a few tears. Porn and B-movies from the 80s has such amazing imagery and clothes its like watch a Sex Pistols documentary. The grit and texture just wonderful. There is a rawness about it. You almost expect Jay Strongbow to turn up and do the war dance.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
  • Paid Members
Posted

A favorite of mine for the aesthetics is Lasse Braun — some of his loops are just sublime. Getting Off and English School Girl are great examples, pretty shocking subversions of 70s norms. Also, Getting Off has Brigitte Maier in it, which is never a problem.

  • Moderators
Posted

Dear Fanny starring Janey Robbins (who is BRILL) and Ron Jeremy is absolutely fucking hilarious, it's available online to watch.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I remember 'Pirates' being the first (and, to date, only) porn film I have sat through start to finish without once pressing fast forward. 

a load of the guys I used to work with years ago and I used to talk about Pirates loads in work. It's a brilliantly schlocky b-movie that just happens to have hardcore sex scenes sprinkled liberally throughout. The sequel's just as good.

 

I hear Woodrocket is supposed to have some good stuff on there with a narrative bent. It's free to sign up as well. I've not properly had chance to peruse on there yet.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I hear Woodrocket is supposed to have some good stuff on there with a narrative bent. It's free to sign up as well. I've not properly had chance to peruse on there yet.

 

They do loads of stuff for their YouTube channel as well. It's hit and miss but there's some funny stuff on there.

 

https://www.youtube.com/user/WoodRocketTV

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

I remember 'Pirates' being the first (and, to date, only) porn film I have sat through start to finish without once pressing fast forward. 

a load of the guys I used to work with years ago and I used to talk about Pirates loads in work. It's a brilliantly schlocky b-movie that just happens to have hardcore sex scenes sprinkled liberally throughout. The sequel's just as good.

 

I hear Woodrocket is supposed to have some good stuff on there with a narrative bent. It's free to sign up as well. I've not properly had chance to peruse on there yet.

 

 

I still see posters for Pirates hanging around in the doors of DVD emporiums — I should take a picture of the one I cycle past all the time. It's great — I think they had a peep booth the likes of which almost took down Steve Justice, and they specialize in XXX and kung fu videos. Great store, one of a dwindling few.

Posted

My biggest problem with porn parodies nowadays is how lazy the titles are. It's just Seinfeld: XXX, or "property name": The Parody. What happened to punny titles like Flesh Gordon or Edward Penishands.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I had a look at The Simpsons porn parody. It makes for some very uncomfortable viewing. I bet it took them ages to paint everybody yellow like that.

  • Paid Members
Posted

To me, this is the equivalent of pretending you prefer your music on cassette.

If you're more bothered about the format than the content, then you don't understand the point of porn.

 

Would you rather listen to Thin Lizzy on cassette, or Bonnie Langford on FLAC?

Okay, I get it now Sergio. It's the "it's so bad it's good" deal. Fair enough. I just thought people only did that with bad horror movies & cheesy 80's cop movies. I guess people do it with porn movies too.

My only requirement is that it's enjoyable. I've watched plenty of classic porn start to finish because I've enjoyed the thing as a whole.

Modern technology means I can jump back to certain scenes if I so desire, but when it comes to immersing myself in a fantasy world, you can't beat insatiable bored housewives and cheerleaders in their tongue and groove (fnar!) clad basements.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not only have I watched porn films start to finish, I've sat there and watched classic 80s German stuff and not had a clue what they're talking about.

 

Seemed a bloody good story about a health club being taken over by a wealthy businessman.

 

I'd love to find that somewhere, anyone got any clues on renowned German porn stars from the late 80s early 90s. I know this feature both starred and was produced by a very attractive blonde lass.

 

I remember a site from years back called myfreepaysite, it was a cracker that allowed you to pick some really good stuff from really good genres, will have to check if it's still going.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...